SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwanny2three

My debit card number was used on Overstock.com

gwanny2three
15 years ago

I check my account daily and found that yesterday I was overdrawn $2,115.00! I called right away and lucikly someone was there on a Sunday. Looks like someone got my card number from somewhere and made 2 purchases on overstock.com for a total of $2,115.00. My CU closed my account and emailed me a form to fill out and take in tomorrow to start an investigation. Today I see the money was automatically transferred from my savings to cover my checking! The guy yesterday told me that wouldn't be done. This makes me nervous. I just got on overstock.com and didn't find a phone number, but a live chat. This person gave me the number to their fraud prevention dept. but they are closed today. I hate that my savings was transferred...hope they transfer it right back tomorrow! I have to take the form in tomorrow and I'll make sure it gets done...I hope! I have to have to form signed by a notary, which is easy..my neighbor can do that for me. This just sux that I have to go through this. The guy at the CU said it could have been stolen online or at any store that I use my card at.....so scary! Luckily I check my account daily! Also right after I reported it the fraud dept from our CU called to confirm the charges...it was out of the ordinary for me and it was red flagged she said. She said everyone should check their accounts often...you never know!

Comments (26)