SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cottagecindy

Anyone know how to make a roller shade?

cottagecindy
12 years ago

I've been searching online for this project, getting frustrated.

I have a small skinny window in the bathroom that I want to put a roller shade there. Just a simple one --the kind you pull on and it goes up or down, like the old white vinyl ones BUT here's the catch.

The kits come in big sizes. my window is only 17" wide and 45" long, and of course the roller shade will be recessed/inside mount in the window frame, but it's not super deep. only 2" deep.

I want fabric (actually a sheet) on the roller shade so either have to glue it to the vinyl or make the fabric super stiff. It will roll up under a valance. I just want more privacy at night when lights are on and maybe during the day at times.(window is bubbly opaque but you see outlines indoors if you are outside looking in) and directly outside the window 16" away, is a driveway, i don't want to stand naked with my neighbors waving "hi".....

so how do i go about this. the biggest problem is how to find or make a roller with caps and all (like a kit would come) but for my dinky window. any ideas?? would love any help or advice :)

Comments (7)