SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okpokesfan

help me choose my kitchen layout

okpokesfan
12 years ago

We are building a house and I have some up with three layouts I like that fit our space. Sorry for the hand drawings but it takes me forever to get ssomething on the computer!

We are a family of four--me, DH, two kids (ages 8 and 10) and a dog. I do most of the cooking, although DD helps me some, especially with baking.

All aisles are 42", except in the last one between the fridge and island, it's 36". The living room is "above" the kitchen. The DR is to the right. There is a hallway to the left and my walk-in pantry to the left of that hallway.

I like different things about all three. I currently have a 10 ft island in my kitchen that is all countertop and I love it. I really spread out when I cook/bake. My sink is really close to my stove and I like that as well.

Plans one and two take more space from my living room (it's one big open area). With plan one, I would have 19'8" for the living area. With plan two, I would have 20'8". WIth the last plan, I would have 21+ feet for the living room.

I say that because the couch will be three feet away from the bar (at least) and after you take away the three feet, that leaves 16'8", 17'8", and 19 or more feet.

The wall "below" the kitchen backs up to the garage and is somewhat flexible (about a foot flexible).

I would appreciate any thoughts of comments. If you need more info, let me know. If I have totally confused you, I apologize!! :^)

Comments (8)