SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Possible CL purchase of sofa table for LR

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

DH and I have differing opinons about a sofa table I am thinking on purchasing on CL. The way I have my furniture arranged the sofa table won't be very visable since it will go between the sofa and window wall so I really don't see spending a lot of money for a focal piece. I found the following one on CL and seller has agreed to sell to me for $70. DH doesn't care for it as he thinks it doesn't go with what we already have--the leg style is different and it's a different wood (walnut and rest of wood is mahogany). I told him I've looked on both CL and eBay and really haven't seen many console tables in a Duncan Phyfe style. I like the dimensions of this one as it's long and narrow at only 16"W. While we could probably even due without a console table, I feel it will anchor the sofa more in the space so it doesn't float around--esp. as it does have a sofabed in it--plus then I could put some pretty items, plants, etc. on top--perhaps a nice table runner to minimize the wood look. I see the room as more of a collected over time look, not overly matchy-matchy--DH is still in the safe matchy-matchy realm of decorating, though he does acknowledge he likes what I've done with the room so far.

As it's not too $$, I feel I can pursuade my DH to let me get it--with understanding we could also resell later if we find something better--but if the majority here agree with my DH, I will just drop it and wait for something else to come along.

I'm sure you've all seen my LR by now, but here it is anyway:

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Sofa table

Comments (11)