SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtcollins88

Aqward Office... need layout/furniture HELP!

mtcollins88
14 years ago

My garage (only part of it) was converted into living space by the previous homeowner. I use it as my office. It has the strangest layout ever!! I plan on selling the office stuff I have now and going back with something less expensive and something that will fit better in the space.

This is the layout of the room. All the orange boxes are doors and the blue is a window. The dotted line is where the garage has a slight difference in levels (not a flat floor).

Here are the pictures of the room (please excuse ALL the junk!)

This one is a view facing the back of the room. The window is on the far right.

This pic is facing the weird steps (dotted line on drawing)

This last pic is the right side of the room. The door is the exterior door that you see on the right of the drawing

If I sell all the office furniture and maybe (don't want to) the couch I have a blank slate. As you can see in the drawing though, it is narrow, the left side has the two closet doors which prevent really putting anything there and it has that stupid unlevel floor where the step is.

I am in DESPERATE need of help! The rest of my house is gorgeous but this stupid room I am lost in. It stays a mess b/c it is ugly and things don't function well in here.

Here are some of the things I found online that are do-able (money wise) with my husbands little bit of handy man skills.

We are selling all the office furniture and filing cabinets for almost $1,400. I would like to put a little bit of money back in my pocket (I'm selling b/c I need the money), but I also want a pretty office.

Please help with any layout or diy office solutions!!!

Comments (5)