SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jgirl_2007

Cabinet maker wants to store my cabs in my house

jgirl_2007
16 years ago

We are building our home and things are going slowly but quickly at the same time. The first week of Jan we signed the contract with the cabinet maker. I told him it would be a few months before we were ready for the completed product as there is still much to do on the interior. He said that was no problem, they will just build then put aside ready for us when we are ready. So they went to town and had the kitchen/laundry/butlers pantry/4 bath vanities done in a matter of weeks. Everything has been stained and they are awaiting the doors then to stain them before they are complete.

The other day I got a call from the guy and he says they are running out of space at their shop and want to know if they can store my cabinets in my house. Sure no problem but we don't have a front door yet so they would get stolen. We get the front door today and will be installed tomorrow so the house will be secure. After thinking about this and speaking with DH about it, we don't believe we should have to store this at our home. First of all they knew going into this that we had not set time frame and they would likely store for us for a number of months. Second, if they move the cabs to our home, we then become responsible if something does happen to them - either theft or any other potential damage. We don't want this on our shoulders and we certainly don't want to deal with our insurance company if something like this occured. Chances are everything would be fine but there is always the possibility and we just can't risk this falling back on us.

Since we are waiting for the floors to be installed (wood and tile) cabs will go in next. Maybe just a month or so but...

Comments (18)