SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissastar

horizontal pulls on base cabinet doors?

melissastar
13 years ago

I have several cabinet doors on blind base corners mixed in with my drawer-bases and pull-outs on my shaker style bottom cabinets. I love the uniform look of pulls, rather than a mix of knobs and pulls on the bottoms and had hoped/planned to use Restoration hardware Aubrey 6" pulls even on the doors (mounted at the center top, just as if it was a bin). I know it will be a different movement to open them, but I have seen/used them elsewhere and I think one quickly adapts.

But I'm having doubts and wondering if anyone will notice the hinges on the side and think a center mount bin pull is just weird on a door. Should I instead mount them vertically on the side, despite the loss of symmetry?

And...in the scullery/butler's pantry I am using RH Gilmore bin pulls. There, there's one door on a blind base cabinet, between the DW and the large sink base. The DW will have a custom panel, with a center top bin pull to open it. The kitchen base has two pull outs under it, with bin pulls. THe only other cabinet in the area is a four-drawer base, all with pulls.

Again...if I can deal with using a bin pull to open the door, should I use it and mount it as if it's a pull for the uniformity...or put a knob on the door?

Comments (11)