SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

I'm in desperate need of something to hide litter boxes!

IdaClaire
12 years ago

Today we carried our old loveseat out to the curb (where it was picked up and taken away by a nice young man who needed furniture, so win-win). It had been in our home office but never got sat on and was just like an elephant in the room, collecting dust. Its one purpose, though, was to hide the litter boxes. However, it was poorly suited to the purpose since it collected tons of litter dust, was difficult to move to clean around, and just not all that attractive. So now all we have in this room are built-in bookcases on one wall, a desk and chair in between the bookcases, a small filing cabinet, and three ugly ol' litter boxes. I really need to do something to hide the boxes, but am just not sure what. We really have nowhere else to move the boxes, and besides, the cats have become accustomed to them being in this room over the years and I hate to upset their routine.

I took a couple of pics with my phone tonight, but they turned out horrid. Still, maybe this will give you an idea of what I'm working with. (If you can tell enough from these pics to see that the walls are different colors, please disregard. We're in the process of painting. Also please note that colors are terribly off in these terrible pics!)

See the boxes on the floor here:

Here are the doorways leading into the room from the living room and hallway. You can currently look directly in from these doors as you pass by or enter the room, and the first thing you notice is the lovely boxes.

My initial thought was to move the boxes into a corner and just put up a folding screen to shield them from view. Since DH is the one who cleans the boxes daily, he's concerned that whatever we put up be easy to maneuver around. I like this screen (and it's on sale at Pier 1, which makes it even more attractive to me):

{{!gwi}}

I just don't feel like there's a lot I can do to hide these kitty potties. Would a screen be my best bet, or does anyone have any other suggestions? Aside from being easy to maneuver around when it comes to cleaning, whatever we choose has to be easily cleaned itself (so screens with fabric or lattice or anything like that is probably not a good choice).

Comments (46)