SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Tiny upper cabinet storage for Tea

On to my next dilemma. Tiny but frustrating, since I can't believe I cannot come up with a solution. In my kitchen is a small upper cabinet above my coffeemaker. This is where I store my recipe box and my tea. My 20 to 25 different kinds of tea, mostly in bags; some loose. These are boxes for the tea bags, mostly of the same size, stacked up every which way. Loose tea is in some 3" diameter cylindrical vintage Japanese tea canisters, which is how tea is sold in Japan. (These were gifts from a friend, kept for sentimental value. Style does not go with my mission kitchen, so they are not on display. They have inner lids so are good for keeping loose tea fresh.) I have to pull out several boxes/canisters to reach the kind I want on any given day.

Help me organize my tea! Sounds silly, doesn't it??

The interior cabinet is only 11" wide, and 8 1/2" deep. Vertically it is 27", divided by 2 shelves spaced evenly.

I looked at some little stacking drawer units in the store, but the drawers were not deep enough to hold the tea boxes. I'd take the tea bags out of the boxes, but many kinds are not individually wrapped, or are tagless, so without the box there is no clue what they are. I am open to storing the tea elsewhere in the kitchen or pantry: perhaps this cabinet is better used for something else. I have drawers but they are all fully occupied by things in constant use. If there is something like a large flat transluscent plastic tea-box holder, that will hold a LOT of boxes; I could put those in the pantry. But I don't know if such a thing is made.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Integrity Woodworking Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry Professionals