SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aboc1212_gw

need tips for keeping down comforter in place inside duvet cover

aboc1212
14 years ago

Happy New Year everyone! I am hoping to get some good ideas for a pesky problem I have with our new bedding set. We registered for and received a king sized duvet cover from Crate and Barrel which we love. It is made of a sturdy (yet soft) linen. We had read reviews about the duvet being a little too large for people's comforters, or some just complained the comforter didn't stay put. So, to prevent this we made sure to buy a comforter with dimensions that matched the size of the duvet (we just got the one from crate and barrel, actually). I hadn't really appreciated that there is no true standard for sizing comforters and duvet covers so I felt good that I read the comments and was being proactive.

Now that we've had the set and used it for a few weeks I am sad to say that our efforts don't seem to have paid off. Unlike other comforter/duvet combos I've had, this comforter seems to slide down inside the duvet cover leaving us with a floppy section of just cover and no comforter at the top. I can't tell if the cover is too large (which would mean the published sizes aren't to be trusted or that I should have bought a comforter that was a bit larger than the cover) or if it is something else (maybe I haven't gotten the comforter in the cover properly) but one thing is for sure - I need a fix! Every time I make the bed I spend time trying to shake the comforter/cover from the bottom to 'move' the comforter itself back up to the top of the cover.

Because our bed is a kind sized bed, the comforter was not exactly cheap - so we really need to make this work somehow. I keep thinking that maybe if there were a way to attach the comforter to the duvet cover at the top (on the inside of course, maybe with buttons or loops?) then that would be the best solution but I would have to sew something in myself and I don't really know how to use a sewing machine. So, I guess I am just wondering - has anyone had this problem and do you have any advice? I welcome any thoughts or opinions, including tips on how to wrestle a king sized comforter into a duvet comforter more effectively since my one experience so far was pretty frustrating.

Thanks!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County