SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tealeaf1012

oxyclean on tile grout?

tealeaf1012
11 years ago

After years of trying to get the stains out of my cream colored grout (yes, a bad decision to begin with!), I finally tried a paste of oxyclean mixed with hot water. I scrubbed it and the result was amazing! The grout was gleaming clean.
The only issue was that it was a total nightmare to wash the stuff off. I would wash it off and then there would still be a white dusty haze over the tile... I had to wash it several times to get the cleaner off the floor... but the result to me was totally worth it.

I am just wondering if anyone knows whether this is actually safe for the grout ? I am not seeing any issues with the grout and it's not something I would do often... but I feel like it really saved the kitchen. Nothing bothers me more than dirty grout, in fact I don't know if I would ever put tile in a kitchen again after this. I haven't finished all sections because it was pretty labor intensive but worth it.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever tried this and if you know whether there any issues with using this product on grout?

The person that sold me the floor told me to just use vinegar to clean the floors, but that was useless for us. I also bought supposed non stainable grout. I was pretty skeptical about the idea of non stainable grout, and I guess I was right. I don't really think there is such a thing... but I am sure I paid more for it!

Would love others thoughts on this!

Comments (9)