SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summergirl16825

Martha or Medallion?

summergirl16825
11 years ago

Hello! I am new here, but would love some advice! My husband and I are first-time home buyers and are buying a house that needs some TLC! The whole kitchen must be re-done. We have a low budget and have visited all the big stores, as well as a local kitchen and bath store. The local store quoted us on Aristokraft cabinets, which I have read very poor reviews on.

However, the two brands we are looking at are Medallion Criterion and Martha Stewart at Home Depot. I have seen good reviews for Medallion, but it always seems that its for their premium cabinets, not criterion. If we go that route, we will upgrade to the soft-close and full extension. I'm worried about Martha because I've read that they are made with 3/8 inch box, which people seem to really dislike.

Finally, we may look more into Schrock as well, since we have heard they are quite comparable to Medallion, but we like the color options with Schrock better.

What are your thoughts?? We are so new to this and trying to make the best choice. I know that what we have to choose from are not the nicest options, but we want to get the best quality on our low budget.

Thanks!

Comments (10)