SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pamalapa

Thinking out of the box..

Maura63
19 years ago

Finding a purpose for something other than what it is intended for.Or putting a new "system" into use that makes your life run more smoothly.

Its what we like to do, right? (However, there is fine line between doing this, and reinventing the wheel.)

What have you done in the "organizing department" that youve stood back and said, "Boy that was clever of me!"

What ideas have you stolen, I mean inherited, either from forums, TV shows, magazines, or in person, which you have found useful in your life? What has someone commented about while visiting your home?

Some examples that come to mind:

* When using a table cloth, my Mom always put a sheet beneath, probably to protect the DR table since she did not have pads. I do use pads, but I also use a twin-fitted flannel sheet between the pads and the top cloth. It keeps the pads from sliding around, adds extra protection and absorbancy (spills). A friend came by and LOVED the idea. I think if I still had small chidren doing messy crafts I would employ this same concept at my kitchen table. I have also used fitted bassinet-size sheets to put over a child's plastic picnic table (which tend to get icky after living outdoors) when entertaining small children indoors.

* My DS made me a trivet that is cute and treasured, but doesn't fit into my decorating scheme. After displaying it openly for a time period, I now store this upright in the rear of my kitchen cabinet, on the spice shelf. Now when I reach for spices (which are on two plastic turntables, side-by-side) there is a trivet between them that makes me smile :-)

Share and post here When it comes to organizing and reorganizing, old dogs can be taught new tricks!

Have a great day :-)

Comments (14)