SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qwibbled

A few questions! Sink Grid, Garbage Disposal/Pullout, Tapmaster

qwibbled
14 years ago

1. Sink grids, what do you use them for? They seem quite popular here but I've never actually seen one before

2. Garbage Disposal, we grew up without one, I've never actually seen one in use. Again they seem popular here, does everyone who has one love it? If not, why not? What's the downside?

3. Is it wise to put two 15" trash pullouts under the sink? One for garbage, one for small recycling (no boxes). It's a space that can be difficult to use efficiently unless used for garbage but but it also makes it difficult for anyone to access the trash if someones at the sink?

4. Is there any downside to a neutral/flush undermounted sink? I'm one of those people that loves to just sweep crumbs into the sink but little bits always get caught around the edge. To me undermount sounds marvelous :)

5. Why does everyone love plugmold so much? You can still see it unless you're tall and if you have appliances that are always plugged in (tea kettle, coffee pot, toaster, radio, telephone, etc..) instead of hiding your outlets behind the appliances, you have unsightly wires going up your backsplash? Am I missing something?

6. Tapmaster, if you have it, can you use your sink like a regular sink just by keeping it in the "locked on" position all the time? And then revert to the tapmaster function only when you want to? If so, is there any downside to having it installed?

thanks!

Comments (6)