SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jfrorelo

Hello - coming aboard, just wanted to introduce myself

jfrorelo
18 years ago

I've been hanging out on the kitchen forum for a few months now and recognize some of the same lovely people are posting here as well. I'd like to join in and thought it might be polite to say 'hi' first. This being New Years - my resolutions involve decluttering and having a nice, clean home and car. Though the car thing might be stretching it, LOL. My DD, who is 6, commented that the new kitchen makes the rest of the house look bad (ouch!).

Background - I like things organized, but I hate cleaning. In other words I'd rather sort out my sock drawer than mop or dust. If I don't have the time or energy to organize something or put it away 'right' I will procrastinate and set it aside for later. So this combination means I have some clutter and some dirt to deal with. Add an easily distracted DD with every toy and book and craft kit on earth and a good-hearted DH who can't be bothered to put anything away and can't see dirt. This combination means I have some clutter and some dirt to deal with. I work full time and I like to view my 'time off' from work as relaxation time, not chore time. I also tend to get obsessed with creative projects, like gardening or remodeling, etc. so any free time or energy doesn't get directed towards cleaning up. This combination means I have some clutter and some dirt to deal with.

Hmmm...is there a pattern here? Actually, this turned out to be a good exercise - writing this introduction, I feel like I'm at AA or similar type of meeting admitting my problem!

Anyway, hello!

Comments (12)