SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

Help please re. king bedding pillow formation

theresse
12 years ago

Hello -

The issue is that since it's a king-sized bed, I'm thinking euro pillows won't be wide enough (e.g. as wide as king pillows) so they might look like teeth with a big gap in the middle - haha. But is 3 euro pillows/shams what you do on a king-sized bed? That seems odd, too. : - / And the other issue is that I need permanent accent pillows to help match drapes that are a bit too much, without blending them in somehow with the rest of the room.

FYI I will post pictures as soon as I can (as soon as I'm home, which I'm not right now, and as soon as I clean up my messy bedroom so I won't be so embarrassed to take pics!)! ;)

_ _ _ _ _

More info below, if you're interested:

Right now I have king pillows that just go with whatever sheets set they belong to that's on the bed at the time, along with white standard pillows/covers that sit in front of them. White duvet with white tailored bedskirt (the flat look, not ruffled). But I feel like the new gold silk pottery barn curtains I got (with sheers behind them) are SO over the top (too late to return) and fancy looking that I need to buy some accent pillows with hints of gold in them to help even out the look in the room and make it all seem...better-fitting! And permanent accent pillows would look weird I think as standard-sized shams - but maybe I'm wrong? So I was leaning toward euro shams. It's an older home and I'm going for more of a traditional as well as slightly feminine look.

Even more info is that It's a black rod iron king-sized bed (see link below and also if you click on one of the pictures provided below inside that link - if you click on one that says "king sized" - it will show how they use only king shams - not euro - adding to my confusion). And I have black rod iron looking pottery barn lamps on the nightstands and black pottery barn rods. It's all looking a bit too rustic and masculine for the gold silk drapes and I can't seem to figure out how to make them fit in the room better. :( Maybe if I change the lamps to that crystal look or antique brass with slightly more delicate look instead of bold and black as they are. Bed and rods have to stay though, for now.

Thanks for reading all this!

Here is a link that might be useful: My bed is identical to this (tho' king sized)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County