SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ayerg73_gw

Pictures of Natural Cherry Cabinets with Wood Floors?

ayerg73
12 years ago

Well, I'm re-thinking my tile floors. The entire time I've planned my kitchen, my intention was to do tile. After some advice here and thinking about my DH's very bad knees, I'm wondering if wood is the better choice for me.

Unfortunately, I haven't been storing up pics of flooring to go with my cabinets and need a little quick help, since the flooring person will be here in about 24 hours and I need to give her some direction!

Kitchen will be cream perimeters, natural cherry island with soapstone. The wood floors will be the entire house. I love the darker/richer tones and the character/hand scraped look, but we have 3 boys, 2 dogs and a cat - so I need something hard, resilient and easy to keep clean.

My contractor has been recommending Somerset brand for the house and I wasn't too concerned about picking a lighter color before. But now that I'm putting it next to my cherry island, I want to be sure they will blend well.

I'm also not against staining the cherry in the kitchen if it will be a good compromise to get a nice contrast with the floor.

I would love to see your beautiful floors and some advice about wood species you'd recommend!

Comments (22)