SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momtoollie

Please help me design my kitchen

momtoollie
13 years ago

I've been lurking for several months and have finally come out of the closet - I really need help. We are breaking ground in a few weeks and need to get started on my kitchen plan.

This is our retirement home, approx 2800 sq ft, hardwood oak flooring throughout, 9' ceilings. Kitchen is approx 24 x 14.

Here are the decisions I've made so far....

White/Off white painted maple cabinetry(probably Shiloh)

Mid range appliances - counter depth frig, 30" Bertazonni with 36 stainless hood,dishwaster, micro, no warming drawer

prep sink in island

single bowl deep sink below window

plate rack - have one now, love it

Countertop, granite or other that is light - bianco antico? (I love marble, but no way)

Walk in pantry (which appears on plan)

The plan calls for a recessed desk area near breakfast table. I know there are strong feeling both ways on this, but we want this area for a laptop with a flat screen mounted above. I'm really not sure how to configure this.

Please ignore the kitchen layout on the plan. Builder just inserted something until I see KD in the next few weeks. I have more faith in the GW community than I do in the KD :)- so, here I am.

No island appears in the plan, but preliminary discussion included a kind of pie shaped island (with right angle between sink wall and range) with rounded raised bar that would seat four.

4' window can be placed anywhere we would like but it has to stay on that wall.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for any help you can give.

Gayle

I hope this link works

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee511/gayled1/kitchenplan.jpg

Comments (5)