SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebuyer23

How can I improve my cooking experience in the new kitchen?

homebuyer23
11 years ago

Looking for insight on what would fit my appliance needs and budget. I'm trying to figure out exactly what appliances we will want so I can start to finalize our layout and get cabinet quotes. I'm up for doing my own research, but I started to and realized I had no idea where to begin!

I cook family meals every day and like to bake when I have time. Probably use my stove twice as much as my oven at least. From my experience with what I've always had (30" electric ranges), I wish I could boil water faster, have all larger burners, have it easy to clean, (I'm a pretty messy cook), I'd love to be able to use a large grill and or griddle, grill being more important. Would like more control over heat. For an oven, I need room to do a big T-giving turkey. Hate that when baking 2 sheets of cookies at same time, the bottom rack ones tend to burn on bottom. I hate that our house always smells like what we had for dinner (cheap inefficient hoods).

We have room on plan for 36" width, but willing to do 30" if it met our needs mixed with budget better. We can convert to gas. I'm also open to induction. I have no idea what to look for in a range hood.

We also need a microwave... do the $1,200 drawer models do anything major that my $80. Countertop one can't do? What is an advantium I keep hearing about? If it acts as both a 2nd oven and a microwave I like the sound of it, but I don't know if its in my budget or if I have anywhere to put it.
With a roughly $5,000, "cooking appliances" (range, or cook top / oven, microwave,advantium? Toaster?!) budget, and our proposed layout, and based on my cooking needs, can anyone give me an idea of what type appliances you recommend I should start researching and what to look for... features, sizes, brand names, cfm, btus, sealed burners, blah blah! etc?

Here is our rough layout...

Thank you!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm