SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellajourney

Chandelier Conundrum - Centered, Off Centered, or Replace? (pic)

bellajourney
12 years ago

Hi everyone!

So, we changed the design layout of our kitchen AFTER we purchased our pretty cottage style breakfast nook chandelier (which has been sitting unopened in a box for close to a year). We have now come to realize that with the layout change (which pushed the table against the wall), the chandelier isn't fitting as well.

Thanks to our Uber Soffits (19.5" wide and 12" tall), if we hang the chandelier 30" above the table, it will be 6.5" shy of hitting the soffit - and, when centered, it will be under the soffit by about 1.5". Also, the lights are at the top of the fixture, so it will bounce light onto our "beautiful" soffit. I'm worried that this is going to look really bad:

Chandelier Centered to Table

DH's solution is to move the chandelier over to the left side of the table, so it is no longer competing with the soffit, but I'm afraid that that will look even worse. (I think a chandelier off centered to the table will drive me nuts!)

Or, we could sell or store away our pretty chandelier and buy a pendant light or something.

So - what do you think? Should we:

A) Center it to the table (even though it will be close to and under the soffit a bit and bounce light off of it)

B) Make it off centered (move to left) so it doesn't compete with soffit as much

C) Get a different light that fits the new layout better

THANK YOU!! :)

Comments (6)