SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
honorbiltkit

Anyone have a large kitchen underway and rarified taste?

honorbiltkit
12 years ago

I posted about the availability of a Godin range and hood on ebay some weeks ago, but the handsome devil remains available and it's breaking my heart.

On Saturday, in a triumph of hope over good sense, I emailed the seller to ask the length. It is in fact 48" long, impossible in my 11' x11' kitchen with two doors, two windows, and no room to expand in an old rowhouse.

So, here it is:

{{gwi:1383739}}

According to the seller's response, it has never been installed, just unpacked, photographed, and packed up again. It is dual fuel, with one of the ovens electric. It has all the specific number btu burners that real cooks (of whom I am not one) can make good use of. It is a smashing matte black. It has real gold trim, which seems a bit much to me but apparently saves polishing.

Godin's are so scarce in North America that I had to google "Godin cooker" to get any info. They seem to be well respected across the pond. And the price for this seems like a great deal. Apart from verifying that the original price would have been about what is described, this is a sculptural pro style range and hood for the price of another pro 30" range alone.

The bonus is that this elegant brute is in Monmouth County, NJ, very near where Springsteen sprung. So excellent is that karma that I was not deterred by the prospect of remotely getting someone to check out its innards or arranging for the shipping...just the size.

So please, someone who does fret about flame height, please investigate and buy it. Then you can mount a small plaque on the side near the floor that reads, For the vicarious enjoyment of hbk.

I will be forever grateful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Godin on ebay

Comments (13)