SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pommy_girl

Help with paint color, window treatments etc for living room

pommy_girl
11 years ago

We are trying decide what to do with our living room. I'm struggling with this room as it's an awkward space (kind of like the rest of the house).

The window flanked by the bookshelves faces north(ish). That part of the house used to be a porch, but was enclosed long before us. The french door leads into the sunroom, and the other doorway leads to the dining room. Under the green armchair is a large furnace vent, about 2 and a half feet square. I took this photograph standing by the entrance to the kitchen.

We have just finished painting the dining room (Bleeker Beige) and it looks great. The kitchen is a creamy color with a hint of yellow.

I would like to lightened and brighten the room up. I was thinking about white (or cream) curtains over bamboo or roman blinds. I'm not sure of the paint color though. The brown paint you see is just on that wall, the other walls are white. The wall to the north will be have sheetrock on it in a couple of days. Most of the furniture is green so I should probably stay away for that. I like the thought of a "blue", but I'm not sure if I could make it work. I can't buy new furniture, but I may be able to spring for a new rug (very tight budget until dh finds work).

A bit of background on the house itself: It is a small, old farmhouse of no particular style. It has low ceilings (around 7 ft), and sits on just over 100 acres.

Please excuse the mess, but we are putting sheet rock up and finishing the kitchen, so everything is a muddle :)

This post was edited by pommy_girl on Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 20:03

Comments (7)