SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Pls vote on paint for living room (update to Bergere chair thread

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

First of all, I am very grateful to all of you who took the time to photoshop and give me color suggestions for my living room. I started a new thread since there were so many different ideas, it was difficult for even my to follow. I hope to narrow down the possibilities still more and would dearly love your votes--though bear in mind my DH has veto power! He'd just as soon leave it as is so I need to show him a definite improvement to justify repainting these walls which were painted about 8 months ago.

I have some new possibilities for my living room paint color. I went to a different Benjamin Moore store today and the salesperson was also very helpful. I must say I am favorably impressed and I feel it is worth the extra $$, to get some color advice. To refresh, the parameters for this project are that it tie together all of my living room fabrics, work with the existing neutral and trim colors which are painted thoughout much of the house, accent the trim (we are adding crown molding) and look good with the hardwood floor (though next decorating item is to purchase an area rug for both living and dining).

Without further adieu, ta da...... we have:

From L-to-R:

1 Potter's Clay

2. Suntan Bronze

3. Patina

4. Tyler Taupe

5. Dried Basil

{{!gwi}}

And (6) Weekend Getaway with Suntan Bronze and Dried Basil

{{!gwi}}

This view shows the choices with the dining room sight line to the right of the trim which shows the existing Oat Straw. The ivory color (Cozy Cottage) will remain in the hallway so will also be part of the house palate, though the entryway will be painted either the same color selected for the living room or the dining room color.

T-to-B we have: Suntan Bronze, Dried Basil, Weekend Getway and Tyler Taupe

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

L-to-R we have: Tyler Taupe, Dried Basil, and Suntan Bronze

{{!gwi}}

Lastly, here are some overall shots of the living room and entryway:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Please give me your vote on the following (1st and 2nd choice as well as if you think any DON'T work):

1. What color to paint living room?

2. Keep existing fireplace accent wall?

3. What color to paint the entry?

Comments (16)