SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Drapery hanging question - pinch pleats on rings

Valerie Noronha
16 years ago

I had decided to change out my double traverse rod in my bedroom for a single traverse rod with an outer decorative one. DH and I were installing it today, though realized we'll need to get new brackets for the sheers so for now they have been removed. What we did was to take all the clips off of the clip rings and put the drapery hooks into the little hole where the clip was attached.

I really like much better how the drapes look with the decorative rod, though am not sure how to treat either end of the drapes. Right now neither end is in a ring, though I feel the ones at the outer ends should be. I've put a ring on the rod for the ends, though not attached as yet. The problem is the end areas are the fabric part and not the lining and before we had problems with the fabric snagging so I'm wondering if they should be reinforced in some way if I need to put a hook through the backside at the end.

Also, when we draw the drapes, the drapes all go towards the middle. We would like to tack the last ring in place so it does not move. Any suggestions? We had considered putting it on the outside of the finials, but then the brackets would need to be moved.

Lastly, I'd like to get some rods to use to open/close the drapes. Any suggestions what to get and how to install them. This is a DIY project.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (20)