SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debmamgu

Same symptoms

Debmamgu
9 years ago

As I have read and reread these posts many times now I thought I would post myself to confirm I too have all the same symptoms. I am nearly 58 and about 2 years post menopause; some days are worse than others and I have tried a lot of different things mostly to no avail. Things appear to make a difference and work for a few days only to start to fail and the pains come back. This is all very frustrating and I think supporting each other through this is a really important strategy. I have just reread nearly every single post and the obvious common thread is menopause so it does appear to be a type of 'menopausal arthritis' when no other inflammatory factors or markers are present (this is the case for me). I think it is important to keep posting what is working and what is not working for you. We have a unique opportunity here to do a bit of research for ourselves from a broad cross section of the population. I have worked in cancer research for quite a few years and am interested in gathering the information in an organised way. If I have time I will set up a spreadsheet and extract everyone's history and the treatment's they have tried. If you haven't posted for awhile and have some info to add it would be great if you could do that to provide as much data as possible. I know the GPs aren't that interested in this - mine had absolutely no idea and gave me the label fibromyalgia which is probably interchangeable with menopause arthritis.... I think we all know what it is... now what to do about it!!!!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington