premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?
21 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (140)
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
perimenopause and body pulsations?
Comments (2)Hi Catherinet, Thank you for replying. What you're saying makes perfect sense to me. You wouldn't be in the medical field, would you? ;) I have been trying to rule out what else could cause these feelings, and had questioned my doctor about the aneurysm possibility a few months ago. After examining me, he quickly dismissed it. I do have complicating issues, such as being on Prednisone (a steroid) for 6 years due to polymyositis (an autoimmune disease). Since that has improved, I've been trying to taper off the Prednisone, and this is where it gets messy. My adrenal glands have been "asleep" as the prednisone took over all this time. So now that I've begun perimenopause, there is no "back up" system to support hormones and stress. To make matters worse, Prednisone also affects the hypothalamus---the hypothalamus controls all the hormones and regulates menopause--- it's a vicious circle. Like I said, this ("heartbeat feeling in unusual places") started the same time my period stopped. Not only is it scary, it makes it hard to sleep. My heartrate is normal(around 78bpm)while this is happening. It stays a few weeks, varying in intensity, then seems to ease off. I hadn't really noticed it again until about 10 days ago. But I got my period yesterday for the first time in 7 months. Having said all that, I think I see a connection here. Another thing that happens along with this... frequent urination. Then that passes too after about a week or so. Makes me wonder if this is a decrease in vasopressin or something, as my adrenal glands are compromised. I feel irritable and uncomfortable in my own skin, if that makes sense. You asked what supplements I am taking. I just began flaxseed oil. Could it be a deficiency in magnesium? Are there any others also on Prednisone and going through menopause dealing with anything similar?...See MoreAm I perimenopausal?
Comments (1)Even though you are only 35 they say that Peri-menopausal symptoms can start as early as 15 years prior to the actual on set of it. My 30's were the worst. That is when all hell broke loose for me and now i chalk it up to hormones and peri symptoms. Many of your symptoms now are exactly what i am going through.. the adrenaline rushes, feeling as if you are going to pass out, shakiness. I remember in my 30's(i am 49 now)my breasts felt just like you described. They felt huge and painful and times. You can go to your OBGYN and get tested to find out for sure. Best of luck to you......See MorePregnant or perimenopause?
Comments (8)Thanks - we haven't been on vacation for 3 yrs and dd is too young to remember. Christmas is going to be tight this year, so the WDW is the big gift for the kids (plus a birthday party - dd's first with school friends). It's hard having both of their bdays a month b4 Xmas anyway (and one is always Tgiving week). I really want to make this special for them - we even made reservations for a "princess lunch" while we were there (we could cancel that to save $$$, but since I've already told dd about it probably not good idea). DS is getting the short end of the stick this year since most of his friends can't come to the party, and we're not doing anything "special" like the princesses for him in WDW, but he's thrilled just to be going - he remembers 3 years ago and is looking forward to going on some of the new rides like Everest. I'm glad at least I'll be able to go with him - DH isn't much for roller coasters - I went on Space Mtn with ds last time (and he was a bit scared but wants to do it again now). I'm just going to make DH take him on Tower of Terror b/c I won't do that again - went on it b4 we had kids, never again! DD is also looking forward to going on some of the rides, even though she's still too small for many of them. My uncle has been complaining the past couple years about my aunt going through the change, you'd think DH would catch on that I'm not just being crabby all the time because of the move/trying to finish the house while we're living in it or dd's whining (though those don't help), that sometimes I just don't feel well (esp at night with night sweats, so I don't get much sleep). Hopefully the BCP (once I can get back on them) will not only make my periods lighter but maybe also act like HRT and alleviate some of the other symptoms of perimenopause? I didn't have night sweats until after I'd been off them a few months....See Morenausea with hot flashes
Comments (33)I have the exact same symptoms as aussiesoni. My hot flashes happen once a month and usually only one time, but it lasts for about 15 minutes (although it seems longer). It is always in the middle of the night, around 2 a.m. I suddenly wake up kind of panicky, not knowing why, then shortly get a radiating heat in my chest which then spreads outward to my extremities and then my arms and legs tingle and I feel like I am going to pass out. I also get the feeling of extreme nausea and the need to have a bowel movement. I lay as still as I can, practice deep breathing techniques and reassure myself that I am ok and this will pass. It feels like a panic attack and I'm sure I am anxious at the onset. I am 44 years old and had a total hysterectomy 7 years ago. Initially I was on Progesterone, but my gynecologist switched me to Estradiol and I have been on that for 6 years. The hot flashes have been a recent development and the first few times I had one, I thought I needed to go to the emergency room. Finding this website was a Godsend and I know I am not alone! My question is, can anything be done or is this something that I'll just have to deal with? I also need to say that I have had a kidney transplant and because of the medications I take for that, I cannot take just any over the counter medication or herbal supplement in case it interferes with my anti-rejection medication. And not that I wish this on anyone else, but I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this and grateful for your stories! Best wishes!!!...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Sponsored
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths

blueleaves159_yahoo_com