severe vaginal atrophy
18 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (220)
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Discussions
vaginal atrophy!
Comments (60)wow, this is unbelievable! I was looking for help finding some form of natural or herbal HRT. I am 54, done with all the horrible symptoms that come with the end of periods. I have Crohn's disease and had surgery to remove the last of my colon last September. Since my surgery I dehydrate very easily, my skin is very dry and I drink mostly water and lots of it. I thought all of this was the cause of the dryness problem with my vaginal area internally and externally. I am married and sex has become so painful and sometimes not even possible. My GYN put me on Premarin creme and I do not always remember to use it right before bed, every other night. I know you would think I would remember THAT right? The problem is 1st I am kinda scared of the whole "hormone treatment" thing because of cancer. My immune system is practically non-exsistent. 2ndly my Crohn's keeps me busy with medicating myself to prevent constant diarrhea, bloating, etc. The wrong combination of prevention meds or the wrong diet choice and I am constipated and bloated or having to run to the bathroom constently. Talk about having too much on your plate...the LAST thing I want or need is for my sex life to be screwed up! My poor Husband has enought to deal with just being married to me all these years. He is Amazing, always supportive, loving, understanding and eqivalent to a private nurse when I am "sick" AGAIN. He deserves some serious consideration, lol. Anyway, I get in this site and see the "vaginal Atrophy" comment and think...could it be? I find out it is NOT just me or my dehydration issues, I am having the same problems you are all. The Premarin creme has softened things up some and sex is sometimes possible but I am going to call my GYN tomorrow and ask about the ESTRING. I have been using moisterizing lotions and cremes on the external vaginal area just to relieve the dry, itchy, painful skin so I can walk and not cry all the time from the misery of it. Seriously. Thank God I stumbled in here, Thank you all for opening up and discussing this issue so I could find out not only What is wrong but maybe What to do about it! And Thank God for the good things the internet makes possible....See MoreAnyone use Vaginal Estrogen Cream?
Comments (15)I have been using an estrogen gel for several months. It does help moisturize the vaginal tissues. I used it daily for I think a week, then cut back to a maintenance dose of once a week. I noticed a difference after a few weeks. The gel is a bit messy as it liquifies quicker than the cream, but I had a reaction to the cream. I get the gel from a compounding pharmacy. The gel doesn't tackle my other symptoms, the main one being hotflashes, so I take a low oral dose of estradiol daily. The only side effect is breast sensitivity(from the oral med), but I can live with that. I can't live with the hotflashes. I've been on HRT for several years. I tried many types of estrogen after trying natural remedies(and other meds)first with no success. I get my blood tests done regularly and take the lowest dose that stops my symptoms. I would go ahead and try the cream to see if it helps. Just pay attention to how your body reacts and let your doctor know how it's going....See MoreEstring for vag atrophy??
Comments (1)I tried the estring last year, and experienced abdominal bloating so severe it hurt to walk. Suddenly I understood why all the years I was on HRT (before THE study), I would experience sudden severe bloating. And the Estring didn't even help with symptoms....See MoreGolden Puppy with chronic UTI and vaginitis..any advice
Comments (31)Oh gosh, I'm always up for a good debate so I'm honestly not riled. However you do have a very passive aggressive way of expressing yourself and even though you don't point anyone out by name it's often clear where the comment is directed to. Don't assume my suggestions are offered without personal experience and/or an ample amount of research because it couldn't be farther from the truth. Maybe I don't always articulate myself in a way that makes easy for some to understand, but I guarantee you, I've done my homework and can provide documentation to support it. I may not always agree with you but I would never post some of the commentary you do. I also like to link to articles that educate about the subject matter so how my thoughts could be on the "fringe" and "unsubstantiated material" is beyond me. In regards to the food issue though, the bottom line is that maybe you are voicing a different side and the opinion of a majority of Vets, but If Vets don't want to understand what their patients are being fed, how can they (or you for that matter) offer an educated opinion? How do you know food allergies barely exist so the idea is not right Especially when so many people complain that they are spending a fortune in vet bills yet no matter what the vet does it isn't helping their pet. BTW, allergy testing for food is not a conclusive test, but yeast allergies are actually found during testing for environmental allergens and according to my Vet, who I guess is outside of the majority, they are becoming more and more common....See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

PETS50 Dog Photos Worth a Wag
Design hounds: Share in the pet love with Houzzers' snapshots of their beloved dogs at home, in the workshop and at play
Full StorySponsored
James