SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estreya_gw

Automatic Ice Dispenser on Refrigerator Not Making Ice (4 Pics)

estreya
15 years ago

Hello, everyone.

I have a KitchenAid refrigerator which has an automatic water and ice dispenser built into the door. Yesterday, i noticed the ice maker is no longer making ice.

{{gwi:1382835}}

{{gwi:1382836}}

{{gwi:1382837}}

{{gwi:1382838}}

Since the filter was changed yesterday morning and all the ice was dumped out, i thought perhaps it was just a matter of time before it produced enough ice to fill the bucket again. But a day and a half later, there's still no indication of ice being made.

Additionally, there's a red light on the inside to the right of the mechanism (where the on/off switch for ice is) that's blinking. I would swear this light stopped blinking just after the filter was changed, but it seems to be blinking again. I took the filter out and pushed it in again to see if that might help, but it's still blinking.

Any thoughts on what kind of "fix" i'm looking at? Not long ago, my KitchenAid dishwasher door broke, and ended up paying over $200.00 because i felt i couldn't do it myself. I really don't want to have to make a service call if it can possibly be avoided.

Thoughts? I'm cross posting this on the appliances forum to get as many expert eyes on it as possible.

Thank you all,

wondering-why-appliances-aren't-built-to-last-anymore

Comments (5)