SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ct_newbie

All-in-One PC as kitchen TV

CT_Newbie
10 years ago

Does anyone use an all-in-one PC as their kitchen TV? How well is it working for you? Did you purchase any other special gear (e.g., wireless router, booster, wireless access point)

I am considering using an all-in-one in the kitchen with a flip down under cabinet mount. However, I tried the Optimum app using wifi on my laptop (which is a few years old and doesn't have HD) and I get the occasional buffering. I've tried it from our bedroom which is on the same floor as the Sagecom? router and also in the kitchen which is the floor below We're on the top internet speed package and use the cable company's modem which DH says is the latest one.

How do I know if this is an issue with the computer, the router or both and if the new all-in-one and possibly a new router will create a smooth TV experience (without buying it first and trialing)?

I like the notion of using the PC to save on cable box cost per month and the space as well as to be able to look up recipes, maybe video conference some day, check the school bus app which shows you where the bus is and when to go outside, etc. However, its primary purpose would be TV so if that isn't working well, we'd have to go with a regular TV.

Also, which mount did you use? Thanks!

Comments (5)