SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julienpete

Need alot of help with my floor plan

julienpete
15 years ago

We just recently renovated our house but I am not happy with the floorplan in the living/dining/kitchen area. Although I wanted open plan I now realize that it makes it really hard to create a comfortable and functional living area. We just don't use the room as is because its too big, oddly shaped and I am not liking the fact that when you open the door you see the whole kitchen - messy or not! I want to retain some of the openness but I feel like we need more small areas and walls for furniture placement. There are some issues with putting a wall between the living room and dining room because the kitchen wall is in line with the MIDDLE of the master bedroom door. It would have to be staggered.. The kitchen counter is angled so I am not sure how wierd it would be to wall half of it off and leave the other half open to the dining room (which we would use as a family room since we have a very large breakfast nook which we use) Please could someone with an eye for this tell me how to lay these rooms out? I need serious help with this. Also note that the kitchen is 8ft ceiling height and the rest 12 ft. Thanks for any help you can give.

Here is a link that might be useful: floorplan

Comments (5)