SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wvan_gw

Perimenopause - weight gain

wvan
15 years ago

I am very frustrated, at 46 I believe I am perimenopausal. In the last nine months I have gained 15 pounds around my mid-section. That may not seem like all that much (it is!), but I have a very small frame, am 5'3" and have always been around 110 - 112, now I am up to 128. I have always exercised, I do about 2 hours a day, 5 days a week, cardio (treadmill for 90 minutes, weight training/floor work for 20 - 30 minutes. I eat healthy and take suppliments. No matter what I do, I cannot lose more than 5 pounds and then right back up again! I recently went off the birth control pill and purchased hormone cream from Dr. Lee's website. I haven't begun using the cream yet because I just went off the pill about 2 weeks ago and haven't had a period yet.

I just wanted to rid my body of all the chemicals from the pill, which I have been on for about 30 years. The only time off was when I had my 2 children.

Has anyone had these issues? I feel fine, (except the weight gain) no hot flashes, but have developed an itching (then welts) at times, that drives me crazy!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored