SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie1s

Texture / color combo for guest bedroom -

Jamie
11 years ago

My place has a yellow thing going on throughout. The hall outside this room is yellow. The bathroom nearby is grey with a purple undertone.

I'm thinking of using this comforter, which I already own, in the guest room.

>
I'm uncertain about the texture and color of a window treatment, though. I'm trying to strike a comfortable and easy vibe, and the comforter is about as fussy and delicate and high maintenance as I'm willing to go. So maybe the comforter is out.

There is so much beige ground in the comforter that I'm not sure any color besides the brown-green or sage would work with it, even though there are many other colors. The brown-green does nothing for the wood floor or the furniture. So is sage the only choice? A solid rectangle of sage at the window feels wrong, but if not solid, then what?

I keep thinking I'd like a plum{{gwi:807}}, but it sends shivers down my spine to think how far wrong I could go in that direction.

There are at least two shades of purple in the embroidery, but they are so intermixed it just doesn't feel right to me to pick out one of them and slap a big hunk of it on the window.

I want to put ready-made 84" lined pole-top panels in the room. I don't want any of the faux silks I have seen -- I don't want a hard shine like that, although the comforter seems to call for a tiny bit more shine than linen. Would this discontinued Restoration Hardware{{gwi:807}} chenille texture work? It's called ivory.

I'm thinking I can't use them because of all that beige ground.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

This post was edited by jamies on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 16:29

Comments (10)