SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
espolady

Desperately needing serious opinions!

espolady
13 years ago

My husband and I live in a small 2 bdrm apt. We are 54 and 50. No children, but enjoy making stained glass mosaics and use the 2nd BR for our supplies and workroom.

We have a chance at a possible rent with option to buy a 3 bdrm mobile home not far away. I went today to check it out and loved the size, but as I looked around started to wonder if this is a good idea. Painting the interior isn't a problem...I can handle that. The 'cracks' between the paneling shows where the trim has been removed, or where it's been pieced together. But the water damage around the window in the master bedroom and rotting on the outside as well as damaged walls in one of the bedrooms. I've never lived in a mobile home and don't really know where to begin. Can drywall be put over the existing interior walls? How do we know how much damage has been done to the wall around that window?

I feel we need to go look at this again, REALLY inspecting it better than I did today. I didn't want to offend the owner by inspecting rather than just looking around like I did today.

I took pics to show my husband. Please look at them and give me some honest answers. We are low/middle income and don't have a lot of money to throw into it right away. The skirting and walls have been insulated which is a huge plus.

(I hope this link works!!)

Thank you in advance!

Espolady

Northeast Iowa

Here is a link that might be useful: Mobile Home

Comments (9)

Sponsored