SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggie07_gw

Help in choosing new front loaders -- good riddence to Bosch

maggie07
17 years ago

Hello all,

I've been researching and lurking here for years and now need the group's collective wisdom. I (desperately) need to replace my set of Bosch front loaders, the washer most urgently.

My old apartment had a set of Askos, which we loved. But when we moved to our house we bought a set of Bosch and it's been trouble ever since. The washer is way finicky and has been on the fritz more often than a mother of two can handle.

When I look at the landscape now, there are tons of new machines, new companies, new specs. What have you bought lately that you're happy with and that didn't break the bank?

Would like front loading, water-conserving, big enough for a family of four -- we already have European electric setup, and would like to use that if possible. (Or we can buy domestic machines and have the electric outlet changed back.) Are the bigger American machines as water/energy-efficient as the smaller capacity Askos? Has the super capacity Miele come out yet (she dreams...).

If you bought a new washing machine that you like, that's not a bosch, let me know what you like about it and whether you'd recommend it.

Thanks very much,

Maggie

Comments (15)