SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollybrowno

Tall Christmas tree, outdoors, blew fuse....

Molly Brown
15 years ago

I put this on the decorating forum, but only got 2 answers...

I have a Christmas tree out back that I've decorated with little white lights many years ago. Only we could see it. As luck would have it, the tree has grown (alot) over the years.

I've had to reorganize the lights and add more strands as the tree grew and winter storms have knocked some strands down. I cannot reach the top anymore, it's higher than our 2 story house, but I have been able to, with the help of several poles from roof rakes and a turkey fork duct taped to the end, rearrange them every year in the bottom 3/4s of the tree. (It's not easy, the pole is so long, it throws me off balance if I lose control of it!!) (If anyone could see me doing this they would think I was crazy!) This year I threw away 3 strands of lights that were blown out, and bought 4 more and added them to the tree.

I worked on it all afternoon, got the last one on, left it lit for about 3/4 of an hour, and then all went out!

I think I finally hit the limit on how many strands I could connect all in a row. I see no other reason why they would go out. Everything seems connected ok.

BUT, how do people decorated really tall trees? I see massive trees all the time with millions of lights on them. What do they use or do?????

I'm gonna miss seeing the lights on that tree if I can't figure this out.

Comment (1)