SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Anyone Dislike Their Memory Foam Mattress?

ttodd
12 years ago

After 4-5yrs of having it DH and I looked at each other this morning and said that we couldn't take it anymore. Ever since we got it he's complained of backaches in the morning and more often than not I wake up w/ the achiest hips. We're early and mid 40's. We spent a ludicrous amount of money for it and haven't had the extra money until now to replace it. I also think that we were just begging to like it because we'd always heard how good they helped you sleep.

I just think it's weird that we both get sore and achey from it.

Today DD's preschool teacher told me that they disliked their memory foam mattress and got rid of it last year so I'm feeling like I must have been a bit brainwashed.

Anyone else end up more sore after sleeping on a memory foam mattress or are we just the odd one's out?

DH wants to look at a sleep # bed now. Maybe better since he's a back sleeper and I'm a side sleeper.

Comments (185)

• gr8daygw
    8 years ago

moicakm, I hope you find a mattress that will be comfortable for you. It's hard these days to find one. I think all of the new regulations in manufacturing and chemicals etc have made it hard to find anything that holds up well. I think that is the problem, things start out ok but they don't stay the same and break down so quickly. Then there is the guilt of the money spent and problem of what to do with the nearly new one if it doesn't work out.

About three years ago I bought a Hilton to Home bed after staying in a Hilton Hotel and loving the mattress. We found you can buy them online at Hilton to Home. It is nothing like the hotel mattress we experienced, it's so hard at least to us. Going forward, I have tried every kind of topper I can think of and it's miserable. I went the 100% organic natural latex route but they come in different firmness and I guess I got a too firm one because I can't really tell that much difference after sinking down. Then I went to a local mattress company and bought a topper that looks exactly like a finished mattress pillow top and it was pretty good at first but that was just 8 months ago and there is now a mountain ridge down the middle of our king bed. Then I tried a gel enclosed cell blah, blah, blah thing from Macy's, it was hard and did nothing. The worst part is adding all of these toppers makes an already thick mattresses even taller and I hate that. The headboard on our older style Drexel Heritage four poster has nearly disappeared.

Too bad there isn't a mattress swap meet. I know someone would love our too firm for us mattress with the gorgeous Very Wang looking poofy bridal white covering and I'd love to try one of the Tempur-Pedic ones that are being given away. Our guest rooms are already supplied with reject mattresses and foam toppers so this one, if we ever spring for another mattress, will just be taken away by the delivery people. One thing I hate about king size beds is it's not easy moving them, the king mattresses are so much more expensive than queen size and all the bedding is too. I'd love to switch to queen but my husband would not go for that.

• deeageaux
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I know of two people with Fibro Myalgia that have found relief with a Royal-Pedic latex bed with 5" pillowtop pad.

http://www.royal-pedic.com/RLAT.asp

These are very expensive mattresses. The good thing about royal-pedic dealers in my area is that they will let potential customers take an afternoon nap on the mattress in the store before purchase. Walk in with trusted family member or friend to watch over you while you sleep and really test out the mattress.

• Related Discussions

How to make a Memory foam mattress work on a daybed?

Q

Comments (7)
    So, lets think this through. You need a flat surface that mimics a boxspring. A boxspring is plywood, springs, and a covering. Use your plywood. Drill some small holes here and there. Cover the top of the plywood with a thin layer of batting and a mesh cover. Staple it to the plywood. Also, have you considered a memory foam topper and a standard mattress. The toppers are wonderful. I have one on an older mattress and it is great. Enjoy your daybed (I love mine) and your mattress.
    ...See More

Memory Foam Mattress from Costco -- but not the Novaform

Q

Comments (5)
    Greetings, I purchased the Ara King Memory Foam Mattress from Costco about 6 weeks ago and have been sleeping on it for about 4 weeks. It took a two to three night adjustment period, but I can honestly say it is the best mattress I have ever used since I started sleeping indoors over 50 years ago. I am disabled due to a couple forms of arthritus in the spine, hips, legs etc..., and have come to greatly appreciate a few good hours of sound sleep at night. I started being able to sleep 5 to 6 hours a night a few weeks ago and LOVE this mattress. It supports right out to the very edge of the mattress. I have used a Nova-foam system before, but this one feels different and better. It also comes with a 20 year warranty if you are concerned about it giving up on support in the future. My partner/girlfriend has a very expensive Tempurpedic sleep system which I rated #1 until I got this Ara mattress. Only problem now is that I need to get a decent headboard since my old bed was a queen size and I don't want to buy a complete bed set again. Any suggestions???
    ...See More

Gel Memory Foam + DC-area mattress store recs?

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi all. I'm launching a mattress hunt. My brief: I'm a stomach sleeper and I've always liked a very firm mattress but am nearing 50, getting achey and heavier, pressure points matter a lot more than last time I thought about this issue. The bed needs to accommodate one person and a rotating cast of dogs. 2 questions: 1) I'd planned to steer clear of memory foam because I don't especially care for my mom's thick m-foam topper, which I've tried, and because of the concern about heat. I'm much more prone to overheating than under - approaching menopause, sleeping with dogs - not likely to get cooler around here any time soon. Today, though, I stopped at one of those discount chains to see what the current range from the big-name makers was, and I kind of fell in love with the firmest model in Serta's iSeries line. It's an innerspring mattress with a very thin layer on top of memory foam with gel mixed in - just enough to cushion the pressure points. The gel mixture is supposed to solve the heat problem with the memory foam. I basically don't believe that for a minute, but I wondered if anyone had had any experience with the gel-foam combos - either in this line, or the iComfort, which is gel foam all the way through, or another brand's version. Any opinions? 2) For those in the DC area, are there any mattress dealers you'd particularly recommend? I was going to check out the latex mattresses at Savvy Rest Natural Bedroom in Vienna, and the ones Room and Board sells. Any other specialty retailers to check out? Thanks!
    ...See More

how to clean memory foam mattress topper?

Q

Comments (6)
    I would spot clean it with lots of water and hand rinsing. Then squeeze it as dry as possible with clean towels then hang it outside to dry and air completely. It may take more than a day to complete, but bring it in each night to avoid rewetting it with dew. I wash all kinds of weird things in my washing machines, but I think I would draw the line at that, both for fear of damaging the bedding, but also for fear of overwhelming my machine when it became fully saturated. HTH, Molly
    ...See More
  • William Romano
    8 years ago

I bought an extremely expensive Tempurpedic and then Simmons World Class mattress and hated them both. Memory Foam continues to "deflate" the entire time that you're on it, which is why they can compress it into such a small space for shipping. So because of that deflation, it feels good in the store, but after you've been on it at home for an hour, you sink into the springs - if there are any springs on the bed.

The TempurPedic people love to tell people of how their foam was developed for NASA, but what they don't you is that NASA NEVER USED THE DARN STUFF!!! Yes it was developed for NASA... when NASA was throwing billions at everything in order to beat the Soviets to the moon! And then they never used - probably most of the stuff they developed. Memory foam in everything is a fad that I think we soon pass, as soon as the general public has realized that they've spent a ton of money on junk.

• Bunny
    8 years ago

I still love my Serta Vantage. Love it.

• kudzu9
    8 years ago

William-

Sorry you had a bad experience. I guess there are differences between manufacturers. I bought a memory foam mattress from Costco 10 years ago, never had the problems you describe, and it's still as comfortable as Day One.

• K Sissy
    8 years ago

Our old waterbed started leaking, and we replaced it with a pillow top coil mattress and box springs from The Origional Mattress Factory in Florence Ky. All of it was made in Ohio, and we love it. I hated the waterbed from day one. My husband loved it! I couldn't wait to get rid of it. We tried the Sleep Number Bed and I hated it immediately. It made my back hurt. I have also heard that Memory Foam mattresses were hot, and that is the last thing that I need at this time in my life (54 yrs old). I am so happy to have the luxury coil spring mattress. I don't think that I will ever have another type of mattress. In this case, I think the old technology is the best technology.

• gr8daygw
    8 years ago

I have been complaining for some time about my Hilton to Home mattress but a funny thing happened. At the time I ordered it I also bought the super duper mattress cover that goes with it. It is really thick and quilted but is very stiff as well. I don't know what it is filled with but it's just very stiff in nature. It's really a very nice looking mattress cover and well made. One would think it would add some cushioning softness to this mattress which is too firm for us. I put two of our old soft mattress covers over it so having three mattress pads on it plus another topper I bought was still not helping. This after having tried a latex mattress topper and a foam topper and another gel pad thing that all didn't help and had other issues and are in the basement as we speak... Recently I got fed up with the pillow top cover I bought from a mattress maker in our neck of the woods that is an actually pillow top that they sew on their mattresses but you can buy it separately. I took it off after 8 months because it was already hammock-ing. We are not overweight people and I was turning it to help with wear but it still did it. Then I removed that lovely mattress pad cover and now just have the two old mattress covers on and somehow the bed feels softer, my back doesn't hurt, I am not tossing and turning all night and life is pretty darn good around here again. Moral of story, that stiff mattress pad cover as good looking and well built as it is, was simply not doing us any good at all!! I may be able to live with this mattress after all. Yea!!

• kaitlinmarcus
    8 years ago

Like so many people here, I bought a Tempur Pedic and it turned out to give me terrible back pain. I didn't return it within the allowed 90 days--duh!!! I found a great solution online, though: I went to Home Depot and bought a fairly heavy duty rubber door mat for around $19. There were lighter ones, but I worried they might move around on the bed. This one works beautifully! I put it directly on the mattress, then the mattress topper goes on top of that. I'm sleeping all night long for the first time in years. It's 23 x 35". I'm also hoping that when the summer comes, the thick layer of latex rubber will prevent the heat buildup that I get with memory foam.

• Dan Goettel
    7 years ago

I absolutely hate my two memory foam beds. One was a pillow top high end mattress that ended up getting pockets or divers where my wife and I sleep. By no means are we overweight and yet the bed would get a pocket you could see. I purchased another which was all foam but seemed firm.....well that went away. I wake up and my back is sore every morning. When I travel for business and stay at better hotels I never have a problem.. I am getting ready to buy a traditional mattress. memory foam is terrible and does not last.

• missouribound
    7 years ago

We have a memory foam mattress in our travel trailer. Neither of us are crazy about it and can't wait until we can replace it.

• Loretta Seeker
    7 years ago

We bought ours and fortunately it came with a satisfaction guarantee (although we had to buy a more expensive mattress if we returned it). We had to keep it at least 30 days before returning it so I called on about day 20 to schedule the pick-up on day 30. I couldn't wait to see that mattress go…we were sleeping on the couches by that point.

• kudzu9
    7 years ago

Loretta-

And why, specifically, were you unhappy?

• laughablemoments
    7 years ago

I don't like ours either. It's from Bed-in-a-Box, and is almost 6 years old. It's hot, even with the complimentary down cover and zippered cover. I added a wool blanket for better breathability which helps somewhat. We also added an egg crate foam pad to try to give it some more Cush, as it felt too firm on its own. The worst part of it is that it has a divot where each of us sleeps, and a ridge down the middle in between the two of us. It's quite uncomfortable if I try to lay crosswise and come out of my little "hole." I'm biding the time until it can be replaced, hopefully with an organic latex mattress. A friend with brain cancer was told this spring by her doctor that memory foam pillow exposure has been associated with her type of cancer. All the more reason for this mattress to be replaced asap!

• chellefnp
    7 years ago

We bought a Tempurpedic adjustable bed 4 years ago. I loved the way it felt in the store. Of course, ours was not that soft but I knew it would take time to break in. 4 years later, it still never felt broken in. I wasn't having the issue of holes or divets, but I started having problems with my lower back and hip joints. I'm a side sleeper. We went on a cruise for a week, and I realized when I got back home that despite the crappy cruise ship mattresses shoved together, I had no back pain! That was the clincher for me. It was hard to admit I'd made that expensive of a mistake, but it wasn't worth back pain. We sold it on Craigslist and got about 1/3 of what we paid for it, but it was worth every penny. We got a traditional individual coil mattress and I have never slept better.

• Loretta Seeker
    7 years ago

Kudzu, we seemed to sink into it which prevented much movement. After hours of being in the exact same position, when I would start to try to move, I would have pain in my back and hips that would wake me. Also, it was hot. I did find that if I slept on top of my comforter it was more tolerable (while I waiting for it to be returned). Several years later we still laugh about that mattress and how we were sleeping in various places in the house in an attempt to get a comfortable night's sleep.

• kudzu9
    7 years ago

That sounds like a problem. I've always liked mine because it's firm and I don't sink in...even after having it for ten years. I didn't realize there was so much difference between manufacturers.

• Allison0704
    7 years ago

DD2 purchased a Casper, and I've slept on it several times when she's out of town/I'm babysitting. I love it. There wasn't any off gassing. It's very comfortable. She loves it too. Purchased last February, so has owned it awhile now.

• Alex S
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I paid a fortune for a king tempurpedic. I have low back pain and my husband went on and on how great they are because his 83 year old grandma has one and loves it. Went to a showroom and it felt quite nice so thought why not? I would wake up with sore shoulders, sore throat from the off gassing and back pain. I dreaded going to bed every night - literally feels like sleeping on hard sand. My shoulder did not mold to it, only my hips. I couldn't return it so I promised my husband I would give it a month to break it in. He finally admitted it hurt his shoulders too. our house needed a new bed for the guest room so out went the TP and now I am in heaven sleeping on a Simmons beauty rest firm recharge!! i would say spend a night one one before your commit.

• Anita Hardesty
    6 years ago

Same exact thing is happening to me. I switched from a serta to memory foam. Wake with hips aching, back pain etc.., Getting to hot even though it claims to have a cooling layer. Just bought another spring mattress and will be picking it up today. Memory foam does not work for me.

• oyindasola
    6 years ago
    I had another brand of memory foam mattress for 3 years and hated it. I had unexplained hip, knee, neck, and shoulder pain, and constantly interrupted sleep. Just bought a conventional inner coil mattress and the difference is night and day. Memory foam mattresses are a travesty.
  • Jen Dolen
    5 years ago

We had an original mattress factory (MN company) flippable pillow top bed that was breaking down from age, even though it was flipped semi-regularly. I was starting to feel the coils (or something?) and, as a full size, it was too small for my partner and I.

I’m like the princess and the pea - very sensitive, with some hip and neck issues. We both felt that the old bed was too firm, and he wanted to spread out more. I’m a side sleeper and my partner is a stomach sleeper.

Two of my friends love their Helix beds, a hybrid style with memory foam. It’s an online-only company that designs a bed for you based on your body type and preferences. Type your details into the website quiz and the algorithm goes to work. Another friend was halfway through their trial period and they weren’t sure whether they wanted to keep theirs. They said they woke up with aches and pains at first, but were doing ok with a complimentary topper.

We sprung for the king size and are now about halfway through our hundred day trial.

I don’t like it. I’m in my mid-30s and it makes me feel old. I wake up achy around 2-4am almost nightly. My hip issue is exacerbated and my shoulders also feel like they have pressure point problems, which is a new issue. What’s particularly confusing is that they specifically ask in the quiz whether you have hip or shoulder pressure points and I answered “yes” to both, bc I knew the hips were an issue and suspected that my shoulders might be, considering my alignment concerns.

After only ten days my sleep was so terrible that I asked Helix for the free topper that they offer to customers who are having a hard time adjusting. They sent it out quickly at no charge. Unfortunately the topper material is not the same heat-dispersing design as the regular mattress, so that’s annoying, because now I get too warm.

I like the company, but I just can’t believe it takes so long to adjust to a bed... or for the bed to continue to adjust? One friend said their bed felt too hard at first but after TWO months (?!) it “really softened up” and now they love it. Two months of awful sleep?

My partner likes the bed - a lot. However, what he really likes is the size, and he says he’s never had good beds. He also doesn’t want to spend more to replace it with something potentially better, since we’re not sure what will make us both happy, now.

He prefers the mattress as-is... he describes the topper as feeling like quick-sand, which he sinks into and finds difficult to turn around on.

While he’s less happy with the topper, it makes it somewhat more tolerable for me—so that’s where we are now.

We tried it without the topper again (after about three weeks) and i couldn’t make it through the night. Sleeping on the mattress by itself—the mattress that was supposed to be custom designed for both of our needs—felt like sleeping on a picnic table.

We had put the topper in the living room. At 1am, I got up, dragged it down the hall to the bedroom, and pulled it on the bed in frustration, doubling it so that he could continue to sleep on the mattress as-is. Then i sank into the doubled-up topper and fell into an exhausted sleep. It was weird and too cocoon-like, but it was better than the mattress on its own and got me through the night before we spread out the topper again with sheets on top.

its been a few weeks since then and nothing is changing for me.

We were also wondering if maybe the mattress wasn’t the issue for me, but if he was waking me up, or the cat, or if I’m experiencing another health issue. I’m trying to lose weight, too, since I gained weight last year and that affects health with joints, too. He’s also trying to lose weight, but it’s not affecting his sleep the sane way. Everyone is different!

At this point, it feels like the mattress isn’t supporting my body frame in the right ways. My hips sink and my back gets misaligned, and i wake up with low back pain that I’ve never had a problem with before. somehow, the pressure points feel hard rather than softly supportive.

I’m planning to do more mattress shopping while we’re still in the trial period.

It’s so disappointing.

• Debbie Downer
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

"My hips sink and my back gets misaligned, and i wake up with low back pain that I’ve never had a problem with before "- ding ding ding we have a winner!

Ive totally given up on anything foam, due to this butt-sinking phenomenon (aka hammock effect). Even latex was a problem in this regard, although memory foam was the absolute worst. I was getting severe back pain - always worst in the morning, and improving later in the day. Sometimes flaring so bad I couldnt walk or stand upright.

Now Im happy on a zoned coil mattress - meaning that the center third has firmer coils to keep spine aligned. Its like night and day - no morning pain at all. I have my life back!

Its funny how I tended to blame myself (thought I must be getting old) and even my PT was saying it was my back that was the problem, when it really was the d*mn bed!

Although even with a zoned coil mattress you have to beware - Ijust stick to a simple 3-zone. I tried one that had seven zones and the hip zone was made SOFTER so it would sink. Like .... why????? It gave me same dang problem as the foam.

Its like they've totally over-engineered what should be a simple thing - i.e. a bed and a mattress thats comfortable and doesnt cause pain. Is that too much to ask for??? Do we really need mattresses two feet thick and still uncomfortable?

This thread has certainly been illuminating- does ANYONE like memory foam? Doesnt seem like it here, or word ofmouth amongst people I know.

• Marianne Pytel
    3 years ago

I just returned my Puffy mattress for this reason. I just want a normal mattress and I can't seem to find any. I look at others and they all seem to have some layers of memory foam. Is this the new norm for mattresses?

• Christine Pledger
    3 years ago

I hated mine from day 1 but after side, hip, and neck pain... I can’t stand it anymore! I paid about $1000 for the set back in 2010 so I thought that it would improve with time.I was very wrong and have all the aches and pains to prove it. I slept so much better away from home when I stayed at hotels with firm mattresses. I need an alternative to this memory foam mattress and after months of research am no further along in making a decision.

• Randi Vance
    3 years ago

I spent a fortune and have hated it after week 1

• three norns
    3 years ago

I started with one memory foam mattress (the one recommended for the bed by IKEA). I'm not slim, so I added a second. I've got three of them now - i'm constantly sliding off the bed and the mattress still feels hard as rock. not sure why i'm surprised: i hate memory foam shoes, too.

i don't like memory foam.

• Kate
    3 years ago

We got memory foam for our cabin, little did I know that they freeze! It’s like getting on a slab of marble. It takes a bit for them to thaw. Never had that problem with regular spring mattresses.

• HU-873156449
    3 years ago

Yesssss!!!! I hate my memory foam after six months and feel like got hit by a bus every morning in sooo much pain!!!

• kudzu9
    3 years ago

Amazing the differences in experiences. I see that I commented positively 6 years ago about my inexpensive Costco memory foam mattress. I still have the same mattress and it’s 15 years old. Still comfortable, no sagging, moderately firm support, and I sleep like a baby.

• HU-873156449
    3 years ago

Hate hate mine spent almost $2200 n only had for 4 months n got new mattress coming on 28th n put my 6 year old pillow top bk in my room they can just take this damn memory foam mattress n ill suck up the loss :/

• Angela Fields
    2 years ago

I am 46 and never woke up stiff and literally barely able to walk to the bathroom like I do since getting our memory foam mattress. I have slept on hard floors, plush sofas but nothing did what this bed does to me. I spend the first hour of my day trying to loosen up. I can forget trying to bend over....its not happening. So, no its not you. We just bought ours three months ago so buying a new one is not in the budget. I'm about ready to start sleeping on the couch. I'm miserable!

• Flavio DeAlmeida
    2 years ago

We spent 4 years waking up with pain with that stupid memory foam crap.Finally got an Euro Top mattress last week and it is amazing at how great our sleep is.

• Jed Gould
    2 years ago

Why would I want a matress, pillow, etc to ’remember’ my shape? I lie on something to move my body to IT’S shape, not the other way around. Is this hard to understand? Memory foam is hollow hype, but it sure must be cheap to manufacture, or all these cheesy companies would not be getting into the matress business.

• Debbie Downer
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

For the last 5 yrs Ive been back to a nice, good old fashioned orthopedic coil mattress (with the coils in the center third of the bed firmer/stiffer than the other thirds, so as to provide EXCELLENT back support.) Couldnt be happier! My back pain is a thing of the past. The problem with these mushy foam beds is your butt sinks in too far, and so the back gets out of alignment - known as the "hammock" effect. YOu want a bed that holds your spine in a more horizontal alignment. Maybe if you have a tiny little butt that wouldnt happen, but we're talking the average sized American here. My initial back injury I now realize was more or less CAUSED by a memory foam mattress- yeah, ok, the worse pain was a result of some lifting and carrying of a ladder, but it had been hurting for months/, and then I tried a latex because that was supposed to be so great for backs. Well, except this one was too thick and squishy, so the same hammock effect was happening. When I got the coil bed, it must have taken good year for my back to really recover from the bad beds.

The scary thing is, I had to figure this all out myself. Got no help even from a physical therapist, who for some inexplicable reason advised me to strengthen my back with excercises before switching beds. I knew it was the dang bed because I woke up every dang day with a sore back, which gradually got better over the course of the day.... only to hurt again the next morning. Had I listened to this dude, Im sure I would still be excercising my back and still sleeping on a mattress that re-injured it every night.

• sis2two
    2 years ago

We just switched to the Casper original mattress and have been very pleased. i love the fact that its not hot like the Tempurpedic was.

• Anna Belle
    2 years ago

Bought a Tempur pedic as my husband has back problems. After a month we now both have back aches. It's going back and Iam going back to coil.

• susanlynn2012
    2 years ago

Anna Belle, I have a FloBeds natural latex bed with all XFirm latex cores and a 1/2" topper under my zipped up wool cover. It is wonderful for my back as I used to wear a back brace. I could never sleep on a Tempurpedic mattress.

• grady swafford
    last year

My new Nectar memory foam mattress is not working out. I'm light weight (135 lbs) and it's supposed to be "firm" but my body sinks down into it. I've always thought firm meant flat and even, like a good futon. This is torturing me. I wake up feeling like I'm stuck in a hole, hot as heck, never had that feeling before. I consider it the opposite of firm. My head doesn't sink in like my body so obviously bad for my neck. I don't know what's worse, the cushy feeling like a water bed or a puddle of wet cement, or the dreadful heat that cooks me alive, ruining my sleep. My body, neck, back, shoulders have suffered more than any bed I've ever owned. It's like a torture device. I'm literally scared of it. I just want a normal mattress. I have to wait 30 days to qualify for a refund, but I live on a small island in NW Washington state and I do not believe anyone will even consider taking a ferry boat here to pick it up. I Hope I get a refund and am not torn apart by some evil jerk telling me my refund is not possible because of where I live. I HATE MEMORY FOAM. I will probably have nightmares about it for the rest of my life.

• olychick
    last year
    last modified: last year

Oh that sounds awful! I would guess they won’t want it back because they can’t do anything with a used mattress but then you will be stuck disposing of it - although you might be able to give it away. Start right now researching your credit card policy on dsputes with sellers. There is a time limit for filing a complaint, so if the mattress company tries to drag out a refund or gives you grief, follow the credit card rules and file a timely complaint. You can easily withdraw it if you do get your refund. Just don’t delay. eta: I just looked them up and they appear to be reputable so hopefully it will all work out. When you are ready to shop again look at natural latex foam mattresses. They are harder to find in a bed in a box but they are out there. Or consider shopping Bellingham or Seattle with a Uhaul and a couple strong friends. That way you can try one out in person. The price you pay for living in paradise!

• kudzu9
    last year

I thought Neptune memory foam mattresses came with a one year trial. It shouldn't matter where you live. Hold them to the warranty.

• grady swafford
    last year

I mightve exaggerated a bit. They donate them to charity, but I don't think they'll pick it up. Maybe I can put it on a local sellers website.

• grady swafford
    last year

Nectar has a great reputation and offer a comprehensive return and trial policy. It's just me being a wimp about it😉

• olychick
    last year
    last modified: last year

Well, I'd be more worried about finding a replacement I love than getting rid of one I didn't, lol. I did buy a really nice mail order pure natural organic latex mattress that is really comfy. Firm on one side and a bit softer on the other, but neither is really soft like a memory foam or gel one is. Let me see if I can figure out the brand and will let you know. The first one they sent was an undersized queen and they promptly replaced it. The second one is better but they are not generous in their measurements. It's in a guest room and everyone seems to like it. I'll come back and post the name when I find it.
    eta: that was easy, it is Zenhaven. They have the Zenhaven and the Saatva hybrid; I got the Zenhaven. It is flippable, so should last almost a lifetime. The last pure latex mattress I had lasted 40 years, lol.
    Zenhaven

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

I laid on a Purple matress at the store today. My favorite.

• HU-805764236
    last year

I absolutely hate it. I am a large man so I thought that I would benefit from having one, but I am realizing now that it is quite the opposite. It's difficult to get into. I do fine until it's time to get my final leg up under the bed and then after that I can't move. It sucks me in and holds me down. Once I'm on the mattress. That's it I'm on it. It's almost impossible to reposition myself, if possible at all. I used to sleep on my side and on my stomach which I am absolutely unable to do now as I am forced to sleep on my back. It makes me regret having to get rid of my Simmons Beautyrest Pillow Top.

• grady swafford
    last year

I think the best mattress would one that I DON'T feel. I don't need the feel of a mattress on my body. I prefer not to even think about a virtual relationship with it. I'll know it's perfect when I don't pay attention to it.

• Tom Boyd
    last year

I would love to buy an old style mattress and boxsping, can’t get good night sleep on memory foam crap.

• HU-542676230
    11 months ago

I HATE them,, theres ko support!!!

• CMCNestT
    11 months ago

After 17 years with my second memory foam mattress I am getting a third.

They offer perfect support.

• Cece R
    10 months ago

You are definitely not alone, I want nothing to do with memory foam. It doesn't give like a regular mattress and it's extremely difficult to even turn over in it . Not to mention the odors it likes to keep.