SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

Can a cracked marble vanity top be repaired?

jterrilynn
11 years ago

Hi all, on January 3rd I had cappuccino marble vanity{{gwi:807}} tops installed. I did not notice a crack on the day I paid. However, we have not used that area or the bathroom yet as husband had to finish grouting the shower and I had to do some paint touch-ups and other mis. Two days ago after cleaning the tops I noticed a crack that covers the six inches from the small side end toward the sink. It is not real noticeable unless the light hits it just right. I am worried though about the few tiny tiny ragged bits in the mid section of the crack. I have a call into the installer but would like a bit of education. I would like to just have it repaired. Would they use epoxy? If so, would the top then be good to go with no worries down the road?

This is the best close-up I can get. It starts at this end and did stop short of the sink. However, today (still have not used bathroom) the crack had spread to marble lip on under-mount area.

I can not get a good picture due to the glare. First picture shows the crack and in 2nd picture the crack is in between the pencil line for more clarification.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 15:41

Comments (2)