SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorriekay_gw

Got the Chairs~ Plus Dining Table Refinishing *After* Pics

lorriekay
13 years ago

Here are some update of my dining room project. Going for French country and I have a loonng way to go

I got the Craigslist chairs. Then condition was worse than she had described (typical) She said only one chair had a broken rush piece although several chairs have a broken piece but none are that bad. She said that one chair had a broken support but I found another one also had a broken support. But even the broken ones seemed sturdy enough . I will have them repaired.

But I am only using the 4 best ones at the table. One of the extra ones I placed in the entry next to my buffet and the other I placed next to my hutch in the dining room.

Here is an AFTER pic of the dining table top I just refinished. some of you may remember it had a bad black paint job. I had sanded off a corner of it and loved the wood I saw underneath so decided to put the work into it.

It's my first stab at refinishing work.

I still have to paint the legs on the table And I am going to paint the bench as well. I will paint the legs white (or cream distressed) and I am thinking butter yellow for the bench

Here is a pic of the chairs. The color of the chairs goes so nicely with the tabletop so I am pleased with that part

Plus .. remember I had *office* stuff flanking the right side of the fireplace. I jettisoned that to another room and made a sitting area with stuff I have on hand.

The dark wood footstool I picked up at an estate sale in Arizona while I was there. You can't really see it in the pic, but I love it.

The sitting area is temporary. I plan on getting a larger upholstered chair that I can actually read in. Not so many smaller, cluttered things.

I plan to have an overstuffed chair, a side table with lamp.

Haven't got that far yet and will depend on the chair I get

What do you think about the chairs with the table?

And in general about the changes?'

I am *considering* painting my fireplace!

thanks, loretta

Comments (8)