SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
etehiver

Low voltage garden lighting that mimics flickering candle light

etehiver
14 years ago

I'm looking for lighting that i can use in a subtle way to mimic flickering candles. I was thinking I might make or buy small wooden lanterns, or stone/concrete japanese-style lanterns and install wired lights that mimic candlelight.

I'm considering low-voltage because I could put the lights on a timer or photocell, and incorporate them into a plan that might also have some non-candle-type lights in a few areas.

I have considered solar,but our winters don't provide much light. All the solar lights I see around my neighborhood don't last more than a few hours, and are the wrong color for a candle-light effect. Most solar and LED lights I've seen have a subtle blue hue, even though they're labeled as white. I have nothing against those lights, but I don't think it's what I'm looking for to solve my design dilemma.

Any suggestions?

Ideally, I think I'm looking for something close to the battery powered ones I've linked below.

PS: I hope you won't mind that I cross posted this on the gardening side. I'm hoping to get perspective from what I believe are two likely very different groups of readers.

Here is a link that might be useful: battery powered candle-like lights

Comment