SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsyfartsymom

help dryer vent question?

artsyfartsymom
16 years ago

We just bought this house it's a brick ranch on a slab and have an issue the washer is in the kitchen/dining area and the electric dryer hook up is in the sun room ( ? no power to the the power line for the dryer)...I would like to put the washer in the sun room but there is no pluming or drains there..so I fear that would cost a ton, there is enough space to put the dryer next to the washer in the kitchen/dining room, but it's on an interior wall it's an electric dryer...I have a daughter that has asthma and fear doing an interior venting would not fare well with her...but to vent the drier I would need to run a vent up thru the ceiling and out the roof...or run the vent hose behind the dryer, washer, fridge and thru a pantry, and thru a brick wall to the out side... any suggestions? the sun room is off the dining room... there is a water spicket just out side the sunroom wall...but drainage, I have no clue how or were that would run? there is a drain grate on the other side of the sunroom maybe about 6-8 ft from the sunroom? any thoughts as to which way to go?

Comment (1)