SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boredy

LED Bulb "color" dilemma - Kitchen Arena.

boredy
9 years ago

My kitchen is currently undergoing a full remodel (complete demolition) and we are undecided on the light "color" or Lumens. We are using 16 4inch LED can lights for general lighting, LED under counter and in cabinet lighting, 2 Mini pendant lights over a 5 X 3 island and the soffit box (8X6) which we are putting LED rope lighting hidden beneath the crown moulding. My question is... Should I use Warm white (3100-3400K) or cool white (5000-6500K) light color? My kitchen size is approx 400sq foot, the ceiling height for the kitchen area (soffit area) is 8ft while about 200sq ft ceiling is 9ft. The cabinet area is approx 200sq ft and the kitchen shape is "7", I kind of prefer warm white going around the soffit box, and cool white for under and in cabinet lighting. The cabinet color is Espresso. I have no light preference for general lighting. Does this setup look weird in that there are 2 different types of light color? The under counter and in cabinet lighting will be on a separate dimmer while the main dimmer will house the rest of the lighting. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Comments (5)