SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohioamy

dinette lighting for 1950s Cape Cod

ohioamy
16 years ago

We're finishing up some work in the kitchen/dinette and living room of our 1953 Cape Cod home. The drywalling and painting have been done, we just need to add some molding and finishing touches. I'd like to replace the light fixture that currently hangs over the round table in the dinette where we eat most of our meals, but I'm not sure what style would work best. The light we're using now is the one that came with the house, it's sort of that faux-Tiffany style hanging light in peachy tones. I've tried looking online, but I'm finding either styles that are too modern (like the 1960s) or too old (like reproduction lights from the turn of the century). I don't want anything too retro, but I'd like to stay true to our style and the style of the house (the couch we just purchased from Crate and Barrel is what the furniture guy referred to as 'transitional', which I guess means not contemporary and not old fashioned?). You can check out the link below for a photo of the dinette/light, and also feel free to browse my other home-related Flickr photos to get a feel for what our house looks like. I'd love to hear suggestions and any ideas!

thanks,

Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: dinette photo

Comments (3)