SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sergeantcuff

Picking out Linoleum and Tile for Bathroom

sergeantcuff
12 years ago

Some time ago, I started a thread about the small, awkward bathroom behind the kitchen in my old house. Construction has now started and I still have decisions to make. I have picked out vintage style fixtures except for the neo-angle shower which will have a white preformed base and tiled walls. I am leaning towards this linoleum, figuring it would be silly to get an unusual floor and pick a boring color:

My kitchen has white cabs and soapstone so I was thinking of using white tile with black accents. I like the pinwheel tiles used by someone on the bathroom forum (see link below) but I don't think it would look as good in my space. I do not want all white though. Maybe I should go with colored tiles? I'm not sure where to look! Do I want glazed? I'd love something quietly floral. My contractor has given me some blue 1" squares, proposing that we do three rows of them, but that seems too "now" for me.

It was interesting to see the old bathroom ripped out. The top layer was so bland compared to the very colorful earlier finishes!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bathroom forum post showing pinwheel tile

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022