This one from Bellacor:

I like these posted on another thread from Signature Hardware:

{{gwi:1584968}}

From MyKnobs.com:

Also from MyKnobs:

Comments (30)

• User
    15 years ago

Since you only need a few...why not get real antiques. Robinson's antique Hardware. I got all of mine there. He has a great work ethic and wonderful restored hardware. Here is the link...

Here is a link that might be useful: hardware

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Caroline... but I think I prefer the smoothness and soft sheen of the satin nickel. I have the original ones and I was able to mostly clean up one but it was a b@#@ch to do and I'm not enamored with the iron. So onward I'll search. I think I really like the bottom one I posted the best of all teh above. OH... BTW... I found the PERFECT color for the table finally! I did a coat and of course... got rambunctious and did a second coat too soon 'cause I was excited... but I'll either post later tonight or tomorrow. The color is way more green then I thought I'd like but I love it. It reminds me of seaglass. It's funny... my DS came home tonight from work and said... "oh... such a calming color".... those were the exact words to told DH when I told him I repainted again! That poor table has been stripped and sanded to death!

• Related Discussions

please help me find a location for my compost bin (with video)

Q

Comments (25)
    I'll make a comment on the size of the bins. When deciding on the size of each bin, one might consider the materials you will be composting. For example, if one expected to use a mix of sawdust and leaves as the 'browns', one might make the dimensions 3' by 3'. If one expected leaves to be the main 'browns', one might select 4' by 4' for bin size. If wood chips were expected to be the main 'brown' (without small filler stuff like sawdust), maybe a 5' by 5' size would be a good choice. My mesh bins are 5' by 8' by 2' high, and can reach 150F or more if the mix is optimal. The reason for the different sizes is due to air movement. Movement thru wood chips is easier than thru sawdust or very finely shredded leaves. The third number, height, can be less than the other two if the compost pile is sitting on the ground, which can also store heat. Since it is easier to turn a low pile, my compost piles have never been more than 2.5 feet high in recent years.
    ...See More

please help me find these kitchen pulls

Q

Comments (10)
    I love those too! The ones I've been planning without doing my over-obsessive research thing because I'm not at that stage yet are the ones in theanimala's lovely kitchen. Top Knobs Princetonian bar pulls. They are similar, but more round on the top. Sorry I can't figure out how to paste in a site from the new iPad, but they do come up on a Google search. Please let us know what you end up doing because I may copy you!
    ...See More

Can someone Please help me find these Cabinet Handles/Pulls??

Q

Comments (2)
    i can't tell either. but try Lee's hardware online. they'll also send you a catalog if you want.
    ...See More

Please show me your bin pulls

Q

Comments (3)
    wow, those are very pretty. i always thought I wanted round ones, instead of oblong ones, but you may have changed my mind. thanks! any other pictures still appreciated, until i spend the bucks! pinar
    ...See More
  • tetrazzini
    15 years ago

Is this for your baker's table? If so, I agree with trailrunner. The table will look antique when you're finished, so an antique pull will be the perfect complement.

• tetrazzini
    15 years ago

I can't wait to see it!!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yep... my baker's table. But aren't most antique pulls iron? I really like the softness of the satin nickel. Do antique pulls come like that at all? You can see, it wasn't about the notion of antiques that drew me to the table... I just loved the lines and uniqueness of it. I'm apparently greatly lacking in my knowledge of antiques! The paint isn't at all rustic or rubbed through... just a pretty soft color with some richness to it.

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

IMO, those bin pulls are all too fussy for a primitive piece like the baker's table. Except for possibly the beaded one.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ci lantro... what about a simple satin nickel pull and not a cup pull? Darn... I thought I was onto something! I really am pull illiterate. It'll get worse when I get to lighting. Don't know much about that either, 'cept I did discover I like drum shaped things.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just did a search which I should have done before i posted. I only read through a couple of threads but realized that I have to keep in mind that this is a working piece and I don't want flour, goo, or other such stuff to be hard clean off. I typically get all my ingredients out but there will often be the time when I forget and reach for something while I'm elbow deep in stuff. The drawers are wood on wood and though the slide easy enough and I'll wax them; they're still not Blum. One of my searches led me to Hickory Hardware and I love these.
    {{!gwi}}

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

I like the idea of bin/ cup pulls better than just a simple pull.

Restoration Hardware's Gilmore Pull--available in satin nickel?

• User
    15 years ago

You should definitely get what you like ! I was only offering suggestions. I think the nickel will look lovely with the green. It is all very calm sounding. I can hardly wait to see the color. c

• sailormann
    15 years ago

I vote for #4, then #1

• erikanh
    15 years ago

Hi Elyse!

Check out Remodelista's 10 favorite bin pulls. Some unique ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Remodelista

• jenanla
    15 years ago

Not quite what you had in mind, but I like the idea of them with your baker's table.

Atlas Homewares Wood Bin Pull
    http://www.atlashomewares.com/woodbinpull.html

Hickory Hardware Cup pull (link below) is available in 3 finishes

Here is a link that might be useful: Hickory Hardware Manchester Bin Pull

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all! erika... that is a very helpful link! It helped me figure out what bothers me about traditional bin pulls. I prefer NOT to see the screws. All the ones I like have concealed screws. I never would have put that together if it weren't for that link. I just took a pic of the table with the paint color I quick painted on the front last night. It's no where near done but being I'm as excitable as I am; I'm going to post a thread showing the color I finally reached. I kinda like the zen/modern/clean thing of the ones erika posted.
    {{!gwi}}

• ci_lantro
    15 years ago

I like this one a lot. Think it will be a good balance between the elegant marble top, the paint & the rustic zinc drawers.

• malhgold
    15 years ago

remodelfla - I actually have 6 bin pulls(which is what I think you need) that I will not be using. They look very similar to the one you just posted above, but maybe a little taller. If you are interested, you can email me at malhgold at optonline dot net and I can send them to you.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

malhgold... thank you so much, I'll consider it. I think I'm going to try and incorporate a little contemporary flair with the pulls while keeping it appropriate. I really like the ones that have the concealed hardware and are a little more modern. Question: will it be OK to mix the satin/brushed nickel (which I plan on using in the rest of my kitchen) with the zinc bins?

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

From Kitchens.com

Same site by Classic Brass?

This too weird?

Last one:
    {{!gwi}}
    I have to post so I can compare them all together.

OK.. now that I see them next to each other in preview I think I like #4 best, then #1, 3, then 2
    Opinions?

• erikanh
    15 years ago

I gravitate toward the chunkier pulls with hidden hardware, so I love #1 but would it get gummed up with dough etc?

BTW, I love how your piece is progressing. The color you've chosen is lovely. I wish I had your skill and patience!

Erika

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cleanability is definitely a consideration. I'm messy and wear my ingredients well...:-)

So a streamline simple pull might work.

• pfmastin
    15 years ago

remodelfla,
    I've been following your baker's table transformation....such fun! I don't know if you'll end up using any of the pulls you posted, but I just wanted to tell you I think they're gorgeous. I especially like #3 from MyKnobs. I think it would be great on you table.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I found these on ebay and they look just like the top one I posted from Kitchens.com. They are from Hickory Hardware and the seller is Bluebird Books and Knobs. Cost is only $4.27 each.

If I go with these... I know there is no law that says I have to get my drawer pulls from the same line, but here are the pulls that I would consider for my wide stile/rail/shaker drawers. It is about 5" long... is that good?

Really... I could talk to you all day about glass tile, backsplashes, granite... but am in the dark on hardware.

Please help me!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm back on this as I finished painting the table this past weekend. I forgot the camera so I didnt' take new picks. I'm hand waxing a paste wax finish on it. I did one draw to see and it, if I must say so myself, looks amazing. So do
    think this pull is too busy?

More traditional with a modern flair?:

This second one is 1/3 the price of the first. Is it because it's made of zinc with a satin nickel finish and the other one is solid brass with satin nickel finish? What does that have to do with quality and does that impact it's durability and cleanability? This will be a well used bakers table... doughy hands and all.
    Too fru fru?

A boring plain one:

Two more cause they all look the same to me and I can't understand why some are only $5 or $6 and others close to $20 . I need help with this...

Kinda contemporary? k I dont' even know what I posted anymore..

• erikanh
    15 years ago

Elyse, I went through this same process, trying to figure out if the lower priced zinc hardware meant lower quality. In the end I decided to play it safe and purchased my bin pulls from Restoration Hardware, all solid brass but very reasonably priced. I didn't want to worry about replacing a zillion pulls in the future if the finish started wearing off the less expensive pulls. Since you only need a few pulls for your baker's table, you can't lose. You can splurge and get pricey pulls or get the less expensive ones that can always be swapped out if the finish wears off later.

I like the profile of the second one. The first is really pretty but we're messy cooks and that kind would get gunky in the crevices.

Erika

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't really care about the price cause i only need 6. So... you're saying solid brass is better quality then zinc?

• sailormann
    15 years ago

This company has some really beautiful pieces...

Here is a link that might be useful: Charleston Hardware

• mpwdmom
    15 years ago

We have Gilmore cup pulls from RH (re: ci lantro above) and I love them! They feel nice in the hand, they look classic and kind of rustic/vintage too. And they seem to be tough...few scratches, no wear from damp hands opening the drawers.

• pbrisjar
    15 years ago

Oooh I like the beaded one. But then I like fru fru so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Let me add that I am quite miffed that you forgot your camera. Hmph.

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The camera will be coming down there wiht me this week... promise!

• remodelfla
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's going to be one of these two. One is 4 3/4" wide:

and the other 3 3/4:

They are pretty much identical and both brushed nickel. I know it sounds a little weird, but I'm going to mock up both length out of aluminum foil and see which I like better against the drawer fronts. I'll do this over the weekend if we get down to the house. Then I can finish waxing and take some pics... sans hardware and marble top.