Jojo's pasta salad recipe

jsvrn

Jojo could you please re post your pasta salad recipe? I read a reference to it under the torte discussion. Thanks in advance..Jackie

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jojoco

Jackie,
Here is the recipe. Use it as a guideline. I love all things greek, so I like the olives, feta and artichoke. But you may prefer other things instead. Enjoy!

Orzo Summer Salad

1 box orzo pasta
1 large red onion, chopped
1 green pepper; chopped
1 yellow pepper; chopped
1 can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
1 container grape tomatoes; halved
1 cup (+ /-) feta cheese; cut into small cubes
1 cup mixed fresh olives; coarsely chopped
½ bottle Paul Newman Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing

Cook pasta; rinse with cold water; drain and toss with the salad dressing. Add all other ingredients except feta cheese. Mix well. Then toss in feta cheese. (Adding the feta last helps it to stay white). Serve cold. Better the next day.

Jo

Save    
jsvrn

Jo..Thanks so much for the quick response and recipe. It's already cut, pasted and saved. It looks great by the way.

Save    
maxmom96

I made this for a church luncheon two weeks ago and it was really a hit. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, except that I only used about 1 1/2 cups of uncooked orzo. I've always been cautious of recipes that call for 'a box', 'a bottle', 'a container' as these could encompass a variety of sizes. If I had used 'a box' of the orzo I had I feel it would have been way too much.

Jackie: I think you'll really enjoy this salad, and Jo, thanks so much for posting it.

Save    
stacy3

thanks Jo. I made it yesterday and took some to my neighbor too - we both loved it. I used your chicken suggestion too for my dinner last night :-)

I used the whole box of Orzo (the boxes I saw were pretty small) and it was perfect. There are so many veggies in it I needed all the orzo!

Stacy

Save    
jojoco

Glad you guys liked this one. It is one of my favorites. Stacy, which chicken dish was it that I suggested? One I really like is chicken breasts rolled up with boursin, spinach, garlic, and prosciutto. Was that the one?

Save    
stacy3

LOL - Jo - it was my original pasting of this recipe that said that you had added chicken to it for a dinner dish!

I had copied it in 2007 and added your note and just now got to making it. thanks it's a keeper!

"Note:
I made this the other day and I also added leftover grilled chicken that was marinated in a lemon pepper marinade. It was a great addition.
But with this salad, anything goes. The recipe is just a guideline. It is always the first to go at picnics and I am forever giving out this recipe.
Jo"

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life 5 Home Cooks Share Their Favorite Family Recipes
Peek inside the kitchens of these Houzz users and learn how to cook their time-tested, passed-down dishes
Full Story
Homes Around the World World of Design: Favorite Recipes From Food Lovers Around the Globe
By Houzz
Travel with your tastebuds and experience for yourself these international foodies' favorite dishes
Full Story
Houzz Call Houzz Call: What’s Cooking in Your Kitchen?
Most of us turn to recipes, videos and culinary shows when we cook. Where do you set your cookbook, tablet or TV screen?
Full Story
From design through construction, we will provide a realistic budget, understand your vision while incorporating... Read More