SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
enigmaquandry

Reclaimed tin tile ceiling...pros cons?

enigmaquandry
14 years ago

I have the opportunity to purchase a reclaimed tin tile ceiling for my kitchen. I've wanted one my whole life and the price is almost too much to pass up (approx 1$/sq ft.). My kitchen is small, I have absorbed part of an eat-in area to add to the kitchen size, I'd say it's approx 150 sq foot altogether. We are starting a (very budget conscious!) renovation so if necessary, some things can be designed specifically to make the ceiling work. Does anyone have a tin ceiling? love them-hate them?

We are going stainless on the appliances, and have been thinking painting our cabinets a dark charcoal with butcher block countertops and a white apron front sink. There are three large east facing windows on one side and a small window facing a sunroom in the "galley" area of the kitchen.

The link is to a galley of photos of my kitchen, before the fridge was moved and after some demo etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: My kitchen...tin ceiling?

Comments (2)

• gsciencechick
    14 years ago

We have white powercoated tin ceiling tiles in our bathroom. They were new, though, but easy to install since they were tongue and groove. Since ours came out so well, my hairstylist ordered the tin for his kitchen, and it looks fantastic when I got to see it at his holiday party.

• gillycat
    14 years ago

you've wanted one your whole life and you obviously love it so go ahead and do it. That price is ridiculous. I wish I could get it for that!

I partially grew up with tin ceilings and they are wonderful

enjoy them