SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lightingken

Pendant lighting vs recessed

lightingken
15 years ago

Pendant lightng vs recessed lighting is in my opinion a question of whether one desires a clean unobtrusive look as compared to adding additional decorative elements to the area.

Kitchens are the primary areas that these fixtures have been utilized in with increasing numbers over the last ten years or so. Recessed lightng is great if we want a clean, source of good lighting that is not to attract attention to itself.

Pendant lighting has many advantages with one simply being maintainance, Pendants hang down to a heighth that is much more simple to change bulbs and I am sure that those with high vaulted ceilings dread having to replace bulbs. The other benefit is choice, some companys offer mix and match selections. They may have ten styles of glass with four different frame colors to choose from. The selection is great so you just have to do your homework.

A typical kitchen will have two pendants over a standard six foot island and a matching piece over the sink. For those with large areas, it is all right to have recessed with pendants in the afore mentioned areas, also many pendants will come in series that will allow a matching chandelier over the kitchen table.

I have never had a customer that regretted going with the pendants, so if you are on the fence, make the leap you will be glad you did.

If you should have any questions, post them here and I will do my best to answer them

ken

Comments (4)