SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommycooks_gw

Support needed - I have hit a wall

mommycooks
16 years ago

This is petty, I admit. Our kitchen has been a wreck since only just after Thanksgiving, and it seems to be all on track. BUT . . . our contractor (a great guy, BTW!!!) had to not work on Monday as we were not ready with a couple of decisions. Yesterday he spent the day getting wood for the bar top, and gluing it up. Today I was so hoping to see a finished butcherblock counter with bar attached . . .

and nothing. Some drywall dust, a glued-together bar (not shaped) perched precariously on the counter that is not even attached to the cabinets (that are not even attached to the floor yet). The granite comes tomorrow and we are NOT ready for it. I am on 2 hours of sleep and can't really face even putting my kids in to the bath and bed, but I know I will.

I am so tired of the mess and the schlepping from one room to another and seeing CONSTRUCTION everywhere I could scream. I can't even sit in my new kitchen easy chair and close my eyes and IMAGINE (which might be bad anyway because then I have to open them) because it is covered in plastic. I just want this to be DONE and then I come home and see no visible progress . . . and dear DH is pressure testing the gas line he installed and cheerfully working 4-5 hours a night on our house after a 10 hour day at the office.

So remind me I am lucky, and that it will end, that I need to run myself a bubblebath, and that my problems are so SMALL in terms of things!

ARRRRRRGH!!!!!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert