SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pupwhipped

8 ft. ceilings...don't like either choice

pupwhipped
16 years ago

My new (built in 1952, but, hey, it's new to ME) lake place kitchen has 8 ft. ceilings. My cabinet guy says don't do cabs to the top...I will have around 10 inches or less of space at the top with his plan. I like that idea as I've never had cabs to the ceiling before, but all my other homes have had much, much higher ceilings. Given that this kitchen is small, I think cabinets to the ceiling would make a little more sense here, but sometimes I don't like the look. Cab guy says it makes a kitchen feel closed in...whatever. Basically, I don't like either choice. Hmmmm......sounding kinda hard to please? Those with 8ft ceilings, please tell me what you did and why. Also, feel free to smack me around a couple times to get me back in the real world.

Duh, I'm so confused. I think I may have posted a similar question already on this forum?? Please excuse me. Oh well, if I have, maybe a different set of folks will weigh in this time. Ya know, when I first started thinking of this kitchen redo, I wasn't all that concerned with the decisions. But now, the closer it gets, the more crazed I get. By the time it all comes around, I may be writing to y'all from some funny farm place. It can all be just too crazy and stupid, huh?

Comments (21)