SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shine_2009

Do any of you still have any antique flower oil paintings in LR

shine_2009
14 years ago

PLEASE HELP!! I haven´t seen any show up in a long time in anybody´s leaving room. My style is eclectic leaning transitional, with some cottage elements (ONLY in the way I accesorize which is usually doing vignettes)I have a large one about 36x30 on a wall in a separate sitting area in my living room. It has been there for about 8 years. I still like it, but the gold frame made it look so dated. Since I wanted to keep it, I wanted to bring it to a more cottagee look thinking it would go with my eclectic style, I decided to paint it. I first painted it the frame black, and I didnt like it, then I painted it white, and still not happy. I am now painting the inside treaming in kind of a beige, and the outside frame in black again to see how would look on my light celery green wall. I would like to know if any of you has any, especially in LR, have painted it, decided to leave it as it is, or simply got rid of it. Thanking you in advance. I really need help with this. Would love to see pictures!

Comments (12)